Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Adventurer's Gear Thread

Mike K.

One Too Many
...and what self-respecting adventurer wouldn't have a genuine elephant hair bracelet to sport on his/her arm?
I just picked up this nice 4-knot bracelet. Given that I've never actually killed an elephant and probably never will, I wear mine on the left wrist.
64441849_o.jpg

Rob

Familiar Face
BellyTank said:
...and others before your lot...
A displaced ANZAC.
My point being that its an Akubra slouch hat in the picture, so it's worth flagging that it's what our troops wear. Similar styles of hat have been worn before us, but they weren't made by Akubra.

BellyTank said:
It has a bit of the 1920s about it but a little more shaped construction.

DSCN3999.jpg

DSCN3998.jpg

DSCN4000.jpg

B
T

BT, there is a suit (yes, a suit with trousers) like this in a vintage store in Londinium - sans fancy pocket/back treatment. It's loverly. And but £85. Great suit. Not sure how old but 40s at latest, i'd be guessing by the style/construction. I think it's an military number but not sure.

bk

Yes it has one of those war dept. tags but it's worn so i can't see the size. Maybe about a 40-42 measured chest.

And yes, i love your one. Much nicer than the one in the shop in terms of general aesthetics. I'd have opted only for one breast pocket, maybe. Is yours a repro of a specific original?

Or a BellyTank original design?

Either way, 'Tis great.

I have a knickerbocker "TinTin" jacket with a similar back and pleated patch pocket treatment. And i have an Aussie jacket on the way with a similar back treatment.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
I have a knickerbocker "TinTin" jacket with a similar back and pleated patch pocket treatment. And i have an Aussie jacket on the way with a similar back treatment.

Sounds great!

The Kharki Gent' number is to my spec'- 2x breast pkts was purely a practicality for a practical garment. It was, to an extent(the back and the way the front is self-lined) copied from a vintage, French Army jacket but the front treatment is mine, much more Civvy than the original.

B
T

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
TraderRic said:
BTW. I'm back in the states for a short time from my delpoyment due to some family business. I'm going to start a thread on my travels thus far in the Steamer Trunk while I've got the bandwidth. I've got some great pics from Croatia and Crete.
Ric, welcome home! Glad to see you back safe. I hope the rest of your deployment goes at least as well as the first half.

BTW, is your blue ascot from WPG? I've had my eye on that for a bit, and if I can pull it off nearly as well as you I'll just have to give in and pick one up. That and the fly whisk and I'm set!

Rob said:
That's more than a "bush hat". That's an Australian Army slouch hat, as worn by our troops for over 100 years...
Aye, mate! And a fine tradition it is, one that defines "bush hat." I thank you and your mates for an outstanding (not to mention indispensable) piece of gear. :cheers1:

Alan Eardley said:
Well???

Alan

They'll be a-comin' (ghurka). I have vowed for my vanity to show 'em when i can fasten them on the second (and not the last) buckle-hole. Hoo, they're tight 'uns. Force me to lose some weight back down to a 29 waist . . . being on a bike all day helps the process of course.

The others i'll photograph soon as they fit right.

bk

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
[/IMG]
Mojave Jack said:
If only I had a couple extra thou lying around, I'd get me a few of these chairs...

86H0F7XC.jpg

Hello Mojave Jack.

Like the chairs but I prefer Roorkee chairs from Melvill and Moon, sorry, I will need to take a photo of my two and upload them. However,

Here's the bed to go with those chairs.

handel2.jpg

I think Ralph Lauren's equestrian check bed cover would go well with this too.

All would look good with Mike K's gear from his photo in his study earlier in the thread.

Regards
Mr Godfrey.

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Mojave Jack said:
If only I had a couple extra thou lying around, I'd get me a few of these chairs...

86H0F7XC.jpg

Jambo Mojave Jack

These are the chairs I mean.

I have two sets of covers for mine, one khaki and one cream canvas (more realistic and original) but I do prefer the khaki.

roorkee2.jpg

but your's do look good and I am tempted!!!

along with G + T at sundown.

home_pic.jpg

Regards
Mr Godfrey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe