Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many
Borsa
IMG_4461.jpeg

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Had a minor foot surgery yesterday so Im not doing much moving around today ( I didnt put on a "going to town" shirt this morning lol)

Happy to report a couple of Adam Pacesetter updates. The spots are pretty much all gone, and the vinegar smell from the foaming cleaner is just about dissipated. ( First time I did a whole hat with that stuff...did a good job on the stains, but the heavy vinegar smell took two days to go away... Im kinda rethinking that stuff) . Spent the night in a plastic bag with a dryer sheet... almost fresh as a daisy now.

Last night I took a look at the grungy, yellowed, crunchy cellophane top over the top of the headliner. Followed someones instructions here on removing. Cut a slit so I could get the fingers inside. Carefully pulled and it easily came right out of the seam perfectly. No more noisy crunching hat! Once again used some good advice from a FL member THANKS! Liner didnt look bad at all underneath. (looks cleaner in person than the picture shows) Someday Ill remove the liner, give the liner a light woolite bath and some wrinkle ironing, but for now its wearable again. The onionskin liner behind the sweatband looked pretty crusty, so i trimmed off the top 1/4" that stuck up above the leather sweatband so now I cant see it (out of sight-out of mind without fully removing it)

Ill do some steaming and brushing here today while im less than mobile, and it will be ready for the head and wall

View attachment 633172 View attachment 633171
Looks good. Feel better.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Had a minor foot surgery yesterday so Im not doing much moving around today ( I didnt put on a "going to town" shirt this morning lol)

Happy to report a couple of Adam Pacesetter updates. The spots are pretty much all gone, and the vinegar smell from the foaming cleaner is just about dissipated. ( First time I did a whole hat with that stuff...did a good job on the stains, but the heavy vinegar smell took two days to go away... Im kinda rethinking that stuff) . Spent the night in a plastic bag with a dryer sheet... almost fresh as a daisy now.

Last night I took a look at the grungy, yellowed, crunchy cellophane top over the top of the headliner. Followed someones instructions here on removing. Cut a slit so I could get the fingers inside. Carefully pulled and it easily came right out of the seam perfectly. No more noisy crunching hat! Once again used some good advice from a FL member THANKS! Liner didnt look bad at all underneath. (looks cleaner in person than the picture shows) Someday Ill remove the liner, give the liner a light woolite bath and some wrinkle ironing, but for now its wearable again. The onionskin liner behind the sweatband looked pretty crusty, so i trimmed off the top 1/4" that stuck up above the leather sweatband so now I cant see it (out of sight-out of mind without fully removing it)

Ill do some steaming and brushing here today while im less than mobile, and it will be ready for the head and wall

Nice job on the Pacesetter, Rick.

Hope you're back on your feet and moving around as good as ever soon.

RickP

Practically Family

Compress_20240812_105654_4975.jpg

Thought Id throw a before pic .. pre clear liner removal

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Holy cow I can see photos! I feel like a blind man who’s miraculously healed.

Alas, it’s only for a few days while I’m at a different guesthouse than my usual one. My usual guesthouse is excellent quality in every way except internet. I don’t mind since I’m not spending a great deal of time online anyway these days, but it is nice to see a bit of the hat parade every once in a while.

Here I am in the Fed IV out for a walkabout with some good friends - a retired US American scholar of Japanese film and his Japanese wife. They live here in Melaka.

The second photo is me (sans hat) with two Kashmiri brothers (dear dear friends) who run a few shops here in town (the young lady is a tourist and the baby is my buddy’s first child). This photo is of interest because it is these friends who first named me “The Lost Cowboy.”

Stay cool out there friends!

IMG_3192.jpeg

IMG_3204.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many

Got another late 40s 7XCB about a month ago, and this week finished a full resto including a reblock in record time. You can see by the listing pics that even the stubborn verdigris stain came out. Mostly. Usually it doesn’t at all. Had some serious sweat stains in the front too. Wasn’t able to reuse the original 3/8 ribbon as the sweat stains didn’t budge an inch. For this hat I like this 1” even better though.

View attachment 631823 View attachment 631821 View attachment 631822 View attachment 631820

Oh wow, that is one nice hat! That new ribbon is perfect. And it’s not only the hat and the block and the ribbon - but it looks fantastic on you, specifically.

You make me miss my own 7X…. homesick for my hat collection <sigh>. If I start writing poems about my clear beavers, please someone shoot me. :D

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Holy cow I can see photos! I feel like a blind man who’s miraculously healed.

Alas, it’s only for a few days while I’m at a different guesthouse than my usual one. My usual guesthouse is excellent quality in every way except internet. I don’t mind since I’m not spending a great deal of time online anyway these days, but it is nice to see a bit of the hat parade every once in a while.

Here I am in the Fed IV out for a walkabout with some good friends - a retired US American scholar of Japanese film and his Japanese wife. They live here in Melaka.

The second photo is me (sans hat) with two Kashmiri brothers (dear dear friends) who run a few shops here in town (the young lady is a tourist and the baby is my buddy’s first child). This photo is of interest because it is these friends who first named me “The Lost Cowboy.”

Stay cool out there friends!

View attachment 633386
View attachment 633389
Great to get an update and new pics, Nathan!!!

Randall Renshaw

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh wow, that is one nice hat! That new ribbon is perfect. And it’s not only the hat and the block and the ribbon - but it looks fantastic on you, specifically.

You make me miss my own 7X…. homesick for my hat collection <sigh>. If I start writing poems about my clear beavers, please someone shoot me. :D
Mighty big thanks to you, Nathen!

Looks like you’re having yourself a grand time galavanting around the other side of our planet. I trust you’re eating well. Doubt they have many Alabama delicacies.

I’d guess your 7Xs miss you, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeLSA