Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Panama for me…
IMG_2631.jpeg

…and a Maxim for Etsuko.
IMG_2624.jpeg

RickP

Practically Family
Heres the Adam Pacesetter that came in yesterday. Nice $21 hat. Liner is going to need some woolite and maybe remove the plastic cover in the liner ( its crunchy, noisy, and looks grungy underneath). Im actually thinking of removing the liner all together, trimming out the Adam logo and affixing up inside the center (turn it into an unlined warm weather hat)

The cleaning pretty much got rid of the little spots, but its definately going to need a serious airing out lol

Compress_20240813_070159_9635.jpg
Compress_20240812_105654_4490.jpg
Compress_20240812_105654_4975.jpg

After lots of coffee, I managed to somehow shake off my late night road trip to NYC and somewhat resemble a human once again. Luckily, I got some assistance from this D Bar J hat I picked up on the way. This is the loudest hat in my collection but it wears very easily with my black guayabera.
View attachment 632738
View attachment 632739
View attachment 632740
View attachment 632741
View attachment 632742
View attachment 632743
Good to see you stepping into wider brim. Looks good.

RickP

Practically Family
Had a minor foot surgery yesterday so Im not doing much moving around today ( I didnt put on a "going to town" shirt this morning lol)

Happy to report a couple of Adam Pacesetter updates. The spots are pretty much all gone, and the vinegar smell from the foaming cleaner is just about dissipated. ( First time I did a whole hat with that stuff...did a good job on the stains, but the heavy vinegar smell took two days to go away... Im kinda rethinking that stuff) . Spent the night in a plastic bag with a dryer sheet... almost fresh as a daisy now.

Last night I took a look at the grungy, yellowed, crunchy cellophane top over the top of the headliner. Followed someones instructions here on removing. Cut a slit so I could get the fingers inside. Carefully pulled and it easily came right out of the seam perfectly. No more noisy crunching hat! Once again used some good advice from a FL member THANKS! Liner didnt look bad at all underneath. (looks cleaner in person than the picture shows) Someday Ill remove the liner, give the liner a light woolite bath and some wrinkle ironing, but for now its wearable again. The onionskin liner behind the sweatband looked pretty crusty, so i trimmed off the top 1/4" that stuck up above the leather sweatband so now I cant see it (out of sight-out of mind without fully removing it)

Ill do some steaming and brushing here today while im less than mobile, and it will be ready for the head and wall

Compress_20240814_065227_7725.jpg
Compress_20240814_073607_7940.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007