Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

RickP

Practically Family
After lots of coffee, I managed to somehow shake off my late night road trip to NYC and somewhat resemble a human once again. Luckily, I got some assistance from this D Bar J hat I picked up on the way. This is the loudest hat in my collection but it wears very easily with my black guayabera.
View attachment 632738
View attachment 632739
View attachment 632740
View attachment 632741
View attachment 632742
View attachment 632743
Now theres some serious color!

RickP

Practically Family
Now theres some serious color!
nothing like a good black guayabera!
Compress_20240812_133903_3013.jpg

RickP

Practically Family
That's a great one! Since my dad and I both wear them, I find often end up buying one when I come across them.
Mine was originally a light blue silk with a couple spots on it so I dyed it black. The shirt part took the dye really well, but evidently the thread was polyester, so I have a black shirt with contrasting grey stitching... well just put this in the "I have the only one just like it" category lol

Randall Renshaw

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good morning. Business travel / work this week found me not wearing hats/caps. Home this weekend found me wearing hats in the cooler Minnesota temps.

Dobbs Leisure Light.

i-fcNHrcx-M.jpg

i-5bCqMcn-M.jpg

Gannon Wanderer.

i-gQ2ZqDW-M.jpg

i-f9zgDV4-M.jpg

Stetson Stratoliner.

i-P8sBKDj-M.jpg

i-PzSpswP-M.jpg

i-dHNTm3Q-M.jpg

Stetson Stratoliner Hemp.

i-nvmcpCb-M.jpg

i-KXTLBmS-M.jpg

i-jgWrffm-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

I missed this post, Eric. Great hats this week!
Cool that we both posted Leisure Lights on the same day.
Yours looks a bit older within the same decade or older?

RickP

Practically Family
Ive recently acquired another 5 string banjo.... Im thinking about searching ebay for a lime green suit so I can do my best Kermit the Frog Immitation on stage. If so maybe my toquilla will pair ok, but Ill probably need to call up Kevin in NY and find a matching green hat!

Crown Royal

One of the Regulars
Ive recently acquired another 5 string banjo.... Im thinking about searching ebay for a lime green suit so I can do my best Kermit the Frog Immitation on stage. If so maybe my toquilla will pair ok, but Ill probably need to call up Kevin in NY and find a matching green hat!
Now, you know who sold me the red hat ... he's got a ton of great colors in his KTG hat lineup.

Thanks, Stefan
I have a real cowboy type friend who is well off, yet buys cheap 80s westerns from me, but can’t seem to make himself spend “big money on a hat”
But then complains when his post 60s hats get rained on and the dye washes out of em into his clothes, or quickly thickens and irretrievably misshapen.
If I could just talk him into spending $3/400 on a 50s 3X or 7XCB he’d find out the difference between a cheap Stetson and a real Stetson.
Once upon a time I didn’t know, but finally gave in and spent the extra to find out.
And as you know, the best way to realize just how great these old hats are is to tear em apart, reblock and restore several while comparing that experience with reworking cheap hats.
It’s funny, I’ve tried explaining the difference to several types of folks, but most look at you like you’re just hat crazy.
And, I am, but….
Maybe it's best we keep this arcane knowledge to ourselves. Don't want all those Philistines snapping up the good ones before we can get them, do we? :)

View attachment 632584
Thank you Stefan, we certainly drew attention,
what a sun-shining, glorious day it was.

Beautiful hats, as ever, I have chosen The Dalton
previously.It just has that certain appeal, the French
expression, "je ne sais quoi" sums it up perfectly.

What a lovely compliment, thank you. We had a great day on the Classic tour.

View attachment 632585
When Tina, my wife, measured me in
order to make this shirt, she asked me
what hat I had in mind. This Gamble &
Gunn bespoke, compliments her handiwork,
perfectly.
Thank you kindly, Robert. I think it's about time for a new rotation of hats again for me.

RickP

Practically Family
Maybe it's best we keep this arcane knowledge to ourselves. Don't want all those Philistines snapping up the good ones before we can get them, do we? :)
We need some kind if super secret squirrel signal when one of us is bidding on ebay. I see hats there that I think " its my responsibility to save that hat before some bubba gets it". If I knew one of us was bidding on it I wouldnt feel so down when it goes byond my budget

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007