Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

IMG_4716.jpeg

Hückel Weilheim "Extra" possibly mid to later 1950s. This is the other "Extra" I mentioned. This Soft Felt is more formal than the one I posted yesterday. Probably worn brim up but looks good snapped too. I found this one back in 2023.

53874364545_7d4ebdba25_h.jpg

53873048892_be41115dd5_h.jpg

53874295269_10bab18fa3_h.jpg

53873037097_617415fce3_h.jpg

53873438671_02d96eca4e_h.jpg

53873678368_7006fc13c2_h.jpg

Here is a J. Hückel´s Söhne "Extra" "Leicht" possibly from the late 1920s to compare. Photos from 2021.

51371188310_7235ecc390_h.jpg

51369408112_990211fe16_h.jpg

51370382213_d3c1b3666f_b.jpg

51369323642_b2abd281ba_h.jpg

Last edited:

Rogue Scholar

New in Town
Today I played with the idea of taking the JBS 25 to SE Asia instead of the FED IV. After all, the 25 is a beater…. just a very high quality one. And the difference in the two hats is night and day: the Akubra feels like a toy next to the 25.

But the biggest concern in SE Asia is actually mildew - it can be difficult to avoid in Thailand particularly and if it got in my 25 I would be upset.

Better to stick to one that can be replaced.

I will miss my 25. It is such a great hat
View attachment 628332
View attachment 628333
View attachment 628334
Beautiful lid! For those of us relatively new to hats, what specifically about the 25 makes it feel so much better than the Akubra Fed?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Well friends, this is it: I am about to board my first flight on the long road to Malaysia, under the brim of the heritage fawn FED IV.

This is also a chance to show off my fancy airplane hat storage device. With this advanced technology, the hat can safely be hung from the coat hook on the seat in front of you. Get yours today, only $19.95!! :D

It’s been a bit over a year since I started being active on TFL once again. I am grateful for so many great folks on this site. My life would have been much more difficult during that time without this community - it has been a great blessing to me.

Happy Tuesday to you, friends. Next stop, Dallas/Fort Worth!

IMG_3033.jpeg

IMG_3034.jpeg

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Well friends, this is it: I am about to board my first flight on the long road to Malaysia, under the brim of the heritage fawn FED IV.

This is also a chance to show off my fancy airplane hat storage device. With this advanced technology, the hat can safely be hung from the coat hook on the seat in front of you. Get yours today, only $19.95!! :D

It’s been a bit over a year since I started being active on TFL once again. I am grateful for so many great folks on this site. My life would have been much more difficult during that time without this community - it has been a great blessing to me.

View attachment 628565
View attachment 628566
Don’t be a stranger during your travels. I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts, and look forward to seeing your adventures on Fedoras Afield. Enjoy it to the utmost, and may your health not only hold up, but improve during your trip.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 628565
View attachment 628566
$19.95 does seem a little expensive.

RickP

Practically Family
Nice travel hat! Ive carried one of the stick on 3m coat hangers and a couple spare adhesive strips on trips. Stick it to the seatback, or overhead bin and when the plane lands, just pull the little tab on the command adhesive strip and it comes right off

TimmyV

One of the Regulars

View attachment 628565
View attachment 628566
Safe travels Nathan. I look forward to hearing updates from your adventures !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1