Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Well friends, this is it: I am about to board my first flight on the long road to Malaysia, under the brim of the heritage fawn FED IV.

This is also a chance to show off my fancy airplane hat storage device. With this advanced technology, the hat can safely be hung from the coat hook on the seat in front of you. Get yours today, only $19.95!! :D

It’s been a bit over a year since I started being active on TFL once again. I am grateful for so many great folks on this site. My life would have been much more difficult during that time without this community - it has been a great blessing to me.

Happy Tuesday to you, friends. Next stop, Dallas/Fort Worth!

View attachment 628565
View attachment 628566
Have a safe and splendid trip, Nathan.

Don't forget to send us posts while you're away on your exotic journey.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
After a hard rain and one huge rain drop from my porch eve wants to mess up my selfie.
Do I really have to tell y’all what brand this velour fedora is? I’m thinking you’d detect it’s brand from seeing the first photo.
Them Talians could sure build a fine hat.
Especially if they wanna show off with a high quality version.
57BAF899-F4A5-4004-A172-EE1B404938D5.jpeg
72BC68EB-8784-4B35-8B39-06F453363660.jpeg
5A46900F-5148-4C0D-9540-A40F3328B5EF.jpeg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Well friends, this is it: I am about to board my first flight on the long road to Malaysia, under the brim of the heritage fawn FED IV.

This is also a chance to show off my fancy airplane hat storage device. With this advanced technology, the hat can safely be hung from the coat hook on the seat in front of you. Get yours today, only $19.95!! :D

It’s been a bit over a year since I started being active on TFL once again. I am grateful for so many great folks on this site. My life would have been much more difficult during that time without this community - it has been a great blessing to me.

Happy Tuesday to you, friends. Next stop, Dallas/Fort Worth!

View attachment 628565
View attachment 628566

Have fun, but not too much, or we may have to try to bust you out of a foreign prison!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
gunn2.jpg
This fedora known as The Mason, was the first bespoke hat that I had made. It was made by The Susquehana Hat Company. Made to measure hats are a limited market, Susquehana didn't survive. But by good fortune I have found another company willing to make bespoke hats.
Green shirt 002.JPG

Made to measure Aloha shirts from a lady who is unlikely to go out of business, she doesn't do it for a living.

Green shirt 003.JPG

She is adept at making trousers too, high waisted, baggy style. What better way to compliment a bespoke hat?

VoodooSan

One Too Many

VoodooSan

One Too Many
View attachment 628226
Decisions, decisions. Tell you what Stefan, I could give that Dalton a good home.
Always an amazing array, compliments to you good Sir.

Enjoy the day? That we will. The old harbour town of Poole in Dorset is hosting it's ever popular: "Poole Goes Vintage:" today. Tina and our MG are on one of their promotional posters:
View attachment 628223
She thought she might get away with going incognito under that parasol.
Yesterday's rain has given way to a fine, sun shining day, so the red striped blazer will be my choice but the cane may get replaced by an umbrella.
View attachment 628224
Tina and I have a standing joke, actually it's more like a bet. How long before I am asked what width the trouser hems are? Twenty-two inches around the circumference, since you asked.
View attachment 628225
All made by the lady's fair hand.
My hat, by the way, is bespoke,
made to measure by Gamble & Gunn.
Both of you (AND the MG) look stunning!!

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Today I played with the idea of taking the JBS 25 to SE Asia instead of the FED IV. After all, the 25 is a beater…. just a very high quality one. And the difference in the two hats is night and day: the Akubra feels like a toy next to the 25.

But the biggest concern in SE Asia is actually mildew - it can be difficult to avoid in Thailand particularly and if it got in my 25 I would be upset.

Better to stick to one that can be replaced.

I will miss my 25. It is such a great hat
View attachment 628332
View attachment 628333
View attachment 628334
An absolutely beautiful hat, Nathan, but I believe you've made a wise choice in leaving it behind.

VoodooSan

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads