Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snobbery in the Lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortClara

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
1193000424-HappycatMonocle.jpg

I hate it when my cat sports the monacle. She's so uppity to begin with, but with the monacle it's all, "I say, why do I have to eat the dry stuff when there's Fancy Feast about, what what!"

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Yeah, he was something else in that outfit! But get this... he wasn't the only one! There were about 7-8 officers and another half-dozen enlisted fellas that all did the same thing, wearing too-small Whitesnake and Poison shirts, Ratt, Twisted Sister, you name it. It was all good for a laugh! And the cheerleading shirt... that was for the benefit of the Tampa Bay Bucs cheerleaders that came down there to perform that weekend. They got a pretty good kick out of it, too!

Tom, I didn't know about the Sam Adams glasses. I'll have to look into that.

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Banal?

Twitch said:
I really getting bored with this finger pointing and vague perceptions bullcrap that keeps popping up here every 3 weeks. There's bigots EVERYWHERE folks so deal with it. This is s virtual, a make believe place that is not some sancuary from the real world. It's an extension, nothing more.

Stop being so banal people. If the Fedora Lounge is supposed to only have discussions about fedoras then let MK say so and people with myriad other vintage interests can file out quietly.

Until then knock off the paranoia and if you want an exciting topic about how to make new holes in belts or collecting bottle caps then start it!

Twitch- Welcome this fine morning! :) Perhaps your reaction is understandable given the title or even a few of the posts in the 11+ pages. But the tone and content of this list so far can't, imho, be accused of banality- or of paranoia. So far, we have playful chatter and a Lt. who thinks he's at "cheerleader camp" (camp, indeed!). :rolleyes: So far as I can tell this has all been fun and laughter of a very innocent nature. This isn't about paranoia but about lol lol lol lol

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
It is even funnier. . .

airforceindy said:
And the cheerleading shirt... that was for the benefit of the Tampa Bay Bucs cheerleaders that came down there to perform that weekend. They got a pretty good kick out of it, too!

airforceindy- This picture is WAAAYYYY funnier to me than *just* it's intended meaning. Being a summer sport athlete (baseball, softball, runner, bicyclist) and hanging around campus during numerous "cheerleader camps" during my youth (hey, I was just there! Nothing untoward about that, now!) :eusa_doh: I couldn't stop laughing at the picture for quite some time. Intentional or not, the characterization of the "camper" is perfect! lol lol lol :eek: :eek: lol lol

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
And, of course,. . .

Fletch said:
I agree...but of course, some of us really ARE out to get some of us. ;)

Fletch- Yup! ;) And, even if we are paranoid, it doesn't mean someone isn't out to get us! :p :p lol lol :eek: :eek:

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
Story said:

Since I just referred to loud mouthed idiots who seem to have some form of Tourette's that means they have to comment on what other people are wearing, I think I qualify as a snob...

But lets have more rabbits...

pankcake2.jpg

Murray.jpg

and so

SweetJesus.jpg

before blood is spilled!

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Harley Quinn

Those made my day! Especially the Abby- ours is also a "red" and she does that paws over mouth thing!!! Make it stop!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Jovan

Suspended
Fletch said:
I agree...but of course, some of us really ARE out to get some of us. ;)
No, Twitch, I don't mean you.
Completely unrelated, but half the time I glance your avatar in threads I confuse it for my own and think for a split second, "Wait, I didn't post here/recently." lol Guess my eyes just see light suit, dark hat, greyscale at first.

CassD

One of the Regulars
Harley Quinn: Those were great pictures!

As to this thread, I haven't had as many laughs as this thread has given me since I watched "Zontar: The Thing from Venus", and reading this thread induced much less pain (yes, it's as bad as the title sounds, but in a way that makes you laugh until you think your stomach might explode while your brain is oozing out of your ears).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe