Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snobbery in the Lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortClara

One Too Many
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Isn't that what the little people are for?[/QUOTE]

Who you callin' little?

I refer to them as my minions.

And I could surely not help you Surely, as I don't have a snobby bone in my body

maggie_smith.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
mtechthang said:
. . little in the metaphoric sense. Not the same as statue. BTW- ShortClara, never forget that height is negatively correlated with intelligence!! :eek: So why not, BrilliantClara? :beer:

Ah, finally an intellect in the room! The Brilliant in the Clara is implied. :D I have always felt the same, but don't tell 5'11" hubby :p :p

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Speaking of snobbery, my wife just asked in a rather snide fashion "So, what's the latest topic of discussion in the Fedora Lounge?" I replied simply, "Snobbery." That got a look! As I described the serious introduction to the topic and the subsequent playful/sarcastic banter, one eyebrow continued to rise with skepticism. Some people just don't get it!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
How is it I am just discovering this thread?

Fourteen pages long and not a snob in sight! I don't think I have ever read so much funny bantering and puns and silly fun in a long time.

Here is my snob story (not sob, but snob). It is a phonetics joke, actually, and best told in person, but I can't do that, so will write it out....

Two pampered poodles were walking down the street; one was dyed blue, the other dyed pink, ribbons on their heads and rhinestone collars on their necks. They saw an old tramp dog in an alley, stopped short, and turned up their noses at him.

The first one said, "I am FiFi, spelled F-I-F-I."

The second said, "I am MiMi, spelled M-I-M-I."

And, in condescending unison, they said to the raggedy tramp dog, "And what, pray tell, is your name?!"

He smiled at them and said, "My name is Fido, spelled P-H-Y-D-E-A-U-X."

karol

CassD

One of the Regulars
mtechthang said:
You thought Zontar was bad. The director, Larry Buchanan has quite the palmarès:

The Copper Scroll of Mary Magdalene
Goodnight, Sweet Marilyn
The Lock Ness Horror
Mistress of the Apes
Bullet for Pretty Boy
Strawberries Need Rain
It’s Alive
Creature of Destruction
In the Year 2889
Mars Needs Women
Curse of the Swamp Creature

That'd make a great film festival!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol lol lol

and it goes on!!

Sounds like my cup of tea, lol. But I don't think I could handle watching that many Larry Buchanan films in one go without some Athelbros or another form of hard liquor at hand.

Now, about snobbery . . . I think the reason none of us are taking it too seriously is because none of us have had a problem with it. I'm sure there are instances of snobbery here, but the great thing about this forum is that it doesn't occur very often and when it does, it either gets resolved or passed over. It's not a big deal and it's not a serious problem. Of course, I haven't been here that long, so that's just the opinion of someone fairly new.

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Or, maybe. . .

CassD said:
Now, about snobbery . . . I think the reason none of us are taking it too seriously is because none of us have had a problem with it. I'm sure there are instances of snobbery here, but the great thing about this forum is that it doesn't occur very often and when it does, it either gets resolved or passed over. It's not a big deal and it's not a serious problem. Of course, I haven't been here that long, so that's just the opinion of someone fairly new.

Maybe, CassD. But I've come up with an early morning theory. Maybe we are all snobs. So since we are all better than others we don't need to be better than each other. :eek: Yeah, that the ticket!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

:beer: :cool2:

CassD

One of the Regulars
mtechthang said:
Maybe, CassD. But I've come up with an early morning theory. Maybe we are all snobs. So since we are all better than others we don't need to be better than each other. :eek: Yeah, that the ticket!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

:beer: :cool2:

:eusa_clap lol lol

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:
Who you callin' little?

I refer to them as my minions.

And I could surely not help you Surely, as I don't have a snobby bone in my body

maggie_smith.jpg

Ever read Jeremy Brett's comment on Dame Maggie (they were OLD friends...)

"Maggie Smith used to have excellent skin. Have you seen her face lately? In a few more years, they'll have to unfold it to find out who she used to be."

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Harley Quinn said:
Ever read Jeremy Brett's comment on Dame Maggie (they were OLD friends...)

"Maggie Smith used to have excellent skin. Have you seen her face lately? In a few more years, they'll have to unfold it to find out who she used to be."

Ouch! :eek:

I haven't an issue with snobs as such,you meet them everywhere; in shops, on the bus, walking down the street...

I do, however think that some people take things too seriously. After all, we all come here because we have a shared interest right? I like what I like because I find it fun. That's what it's all about.

Anyway, I'm better than you all so :p

*skulks back out*

The Dame

One of the Regulars
HoosierDaddy said:
"I see snooty people".

I've got a snootful all right - and it's not even noon! (Georgia, where's my mimosa?! And skip the OJ!) :D

Mtechthang: But of course, dear chap, we're all snobs - if we weren't, we'd be on AOL with the rest of the rabble out there! :eek:

ShortButBrilliantClara: Are you in the market for some Ladies in Waiting? If so, please allow me to volunteer my services.

CassD

One of the Regulars
The Dame said:
ShortButBrilliantClara: Are you in the market for some Ladies in Waiting? If so, please allow me to volunteer my services.

I was just about to ask the same thing, lol

The Dame

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:
CassD and the Dame, as long as you're not teetotallers, you are welcome at my Court!

:eek: Teetotaller? Me? Heavens, no! *SHUDDER* In fact, I think I need a booster shot just to get past the shock of the notion ... something in the neighborhood of 80 proof or higher! :D BTW, if court's being held in Dita's hat closet, does that mean as Lady-in-Waiting I can rifle through her unmentionables? Please? Oh please, please, puh-leeeeese? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe