Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snobbery in the Lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Harley Quinn

A reasonable request- except she poses the moment she senses a camera!! (Meaning she sits down or walks away!) [huh] lol

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
CassD said:
I haven't had as many laughs as this thread has given me since I watched "Zontar: The Thing from Venus", and reading this thread induced much less pain (yes, it's as bad as the title sounds, but in a way that makes you laugh until you think your stomach might explode while your brain is oozing out of your ears).

I'm sold. Time to go hunting for a copy.

The Dame

One of the Regulars
surely said:
Until the lights are out, there's always time to get serious.

No, no, no, my fine fellow - it's just before the lights are out, when the boxers come off, that things really start to get funny! (NO tightie whities please! Sartorial snobbery at its finest, ladies and gents ... )

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
The case for the prosecution...

PHOT0022.jpg

PHOT0027.jpg

and lemon breasted chicken

chiken.jpg

CassD

One of the Regulars
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Wow, that looks truly awful - thanks![/QUOTE]

Anytime. Always glad to share with a fellow bad movie fiend. There are actually some real doozies on that site, as it's made up mostly of movies that seem to have been too bad to recieve a copyright, though there are some really great ones on it, like Nosferatu.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
CassD said:
Anytime. Always glad to share with a fellow bad movie fiend. There are actually some real doozies on that site, as it's made up mostly of movies that seem to have been too bad to recieve a copyright, though there are some really great ones on it, like Nosferatu.

Excellent! I have plenty of films in the collection, but bad B-movies are my weak spot. For some reason the companies seem to think that they're not worth releasing...

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
I think The Fedora Lounge is the most respectable forum I'm ever visited. I have never had a bad experience with anyone and when I do witness "snobbery" (at least that's the way it looks to me) it is always talked out and turned into somthing positive after a few more posts are exchanged with the partys involved. Now if you wanna see some down right rude and snobby behavior, just go visit a myspace group where there's always a fight going on lol

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Oh, Dear!!!

You thought Zontar was bad. The director, Larry Buchanan has quite the palmarès:

The Copper Scroll of Mary Magdalene
Goodnight, Sweet Marilyn
The Lock Ness Horror
Mistress of the Apes
Bullet for Pretty Boy
Strawberries Need Rain
It’s Alive
Creature of Destruction
In the Year 2889
Mars Needs Women
Curse of the Swamp Creature

That'd make a great film festival!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol lol lol

and it goes on!!

surely

A-List Customer
Thanks Rockapin-up, that's the kinda of info that's nice to hear.

OK ok y'all have ably demonstrated non-snob behavior. How about if we focus on snob behavior for awhile?

Snobbery was defined in the first post as "an offensive air of superiority in matters of knowledge or taste."

When is an "air" so offensive that you wish to remove yourself from their presence?

Have fun but be serious. Well I think I'll edit this to: carry on with all the high jinks, but lets not discourage serious posts. I think it's possible to have multiple streams of thought in one thread, you know, like contrapuntal jazz.

I just reread this & I should warn everyone that fart jokes may be coming forth.

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
surely said:
OK ok y'all have ably demonstrated non-snob behavior. How about if we focus on snob behavior for awhile?

Snobbery was defined in the first post as "an offensive air of superiority in matters of knowledge or taste."

When is an "air" so offensive that you wish to remove yourself from their presence?

Have fun but be serious.

I'm removing myself this very minute. What a party-pooper!
;)

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Well, I never!!!

surely said:

Surely- How dare you post this and then sign off! [bad] [bad]

It is such poor taste to pretend to participate in a discussion of snobbery and then walk away while others duke it out over who has the best hats!!!shakeshead shakeshead

The reason I would never do such a thing is my Akubras are better'n any new Borsalino's. And my old Stetson can beat up your hat any day. :eek: :eek:

(Weeping into my coffee- I'm just not any good at this!!):whistling :whistling shhhhhhhh shhhhhhhh

Queen ShortClara- Off with his head!!

surely

A-List Customer
"It is such poor taste to pretend to participate in a discussion of snobbery and then walk away while others duke it out over who has the best hats!!!" Mtechthang

That's a really good example. Snobs may be willing to start a fight but not to stand up for themselves.

Story

I'll Lock Up
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Isn't that what the little people are for?
[/QUOTE]
No, they're for comedic relief.

gnome_VEGAS_250x220.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe