Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snobbery in the Lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Oh, my!

HungaryTom said:
...that this weekend has already got its favourite topic!
"I'm so ashamed."

"You'll find the shame is like the pain. You only feel it once."

(Dangerous Liaisons?)

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
As I said before... Priceless. If this keeps up, we'll have the whole Lounge rolling and in tears before Monday!

Here's an interesting variation: unfounded snobbery. When you have nothing to brag or be snobby about, but you do it anyway. We had some wild characters in our little crew while I was stationed in Honduras last summer. Most notably my boss, 1 Lt. ######. He was a character and a half, who would do anything if it got a reaction. Case in point:

Me (left), and the Lieutenant
2389220202_3d985aa464_o.jpg

Don't ask. Simply put, we were drunk; hence, it was funny!

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Be afwaid. . .

ShortClara said:
Um, is your cheerleading friend trying to usurp my Queen-dom here? Because my wrath is short but terrible.

Be afwaid. Be vewry afwaid. . . :rage: :eek:

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
AirforceIndy... Seriously (I am NOT joking here), your Lt friend... that is my kind of guy!! Anyone who would wear that outfit in public -- I dig that!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
airforceindy said:
Actually, I do prefer Sam. My top three would have to be:

1) Sam Adams (Boston Lager and Winter Ale)

Didja know that Sam Adams has developed a beer glass specifically for drinking their beers? I received two in the mail for free last year as a subscriber to "All About Beer" magazine! :eusa_clap

And yes, I do use them to drink my SA's.:cheers1:

Tom

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tango Yankee said:
Didja know that Sam Adams has developed a beer glass specifically for drinking their beers? I received two in the mail for free last year as a subscriber to "All About Beer" magazine! :eusa_clap

And yes, I do use them to drink my SA's.:cheers1:

Tom

We have one of those! Course, we're drinking lite beer because we're dieting. Don't judge! lol

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As Miss Bella Hell mentioned earlier by us all being gathered here at all might construe snobbery to some gentle souls. Look I visit WW II forums, ancient studies forums, history forums, vintage auto forums, Packard-specific forums and hot rod forums as well. Are they each and all snobs because they discuss mainly specific topics? No!

You can call each website specific to whatever theme, hobby or topic it is dedicated to as separatists if you want to but it all just words.

The Lounge has people immersed in "old stuff" to varying degrees. And "old stuff" covers everything from clothes to collectable items, old cars, movies, history and more. So are the "clothes" people snobs to the "movie" people? People have complained that there weren't enough topics going that interested them. Well that's the ebb and flow of forums of all types. It's not always hot.

I really getting bored with this finger pointing and vague perceptions bullcrap that keeps popping up here every 3 weeks. There's bigots EVERYWHERE folks so deal with it. This is s virtual, a make believe place that is not some sancuary from the real world. It's an extension, nothing more.

Stop being so banal people. If the Fedora Lounge is supposed to only have discussions about fedoras then let MK say so and people with myriad other vintage interests can file out quietly.

Until then knock off the paranoia and if you want an exciting topic about how to make new holes in belts or collecting bottle caps then start it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe