Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snobbery in the Lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
surely said:
Airforceindy, if truth be told, one of my main missions in life is to make people laugh at themselves and at each other. Thank you.

Until the lights are out, there's always time to get serious.

Well, I AM a pretty funny fellow, thank you very much!:p lol I often find that if I need a good laugh, there's no better place to look than in my own mirror.

Of course, it's fun to laugh at other folks, too, so long as it's a 'laughing with' situation!

Regards, Andy

KilroyCD

One Too Many
airforceindy said:
I often find that if I need a good laugh, there's no better place to look than in my own mirror.
I know, I'm the same way. The other day I looked at some photos a friend took of me. I know the camera puts 15 pounds on you, but I swear I looked so big I saw a moon orbiting me in that shot!:eek:

ShortClara

One Too Many
alexandra said:
This is seriously the least offensive forum I have ever posted on in my life and I have posted on many a forum. I'm almost afraid to show my personality here.

Don't be afraid! The Queen here just blathered on about beer and unicorns.

*burp*

eh, Teh Queen needs to keeeeep drinkin for sure.

KilroyCD said:
I know, I'm the same way. The other day I looked at some photos a friend took of me. I know the camera puts 15 pounds on you, but I swear I looked so big I saw a moon orbiting me in that shot!:eek:

Really...certain moons ain't so bad...and lighting can have alot to do with it....

KilroyCD said:
Not quite the right species, it's a SeaBeerSnob. Just regular SeaSnobs are beneath me...

Quite so! Those bottom feeders are just the worst. Distasteful ungainly wild whiskered and such. Frankly..I wouldn't be caught dead! It's like they say...the cream always floats to the top. Of course you do use the newest Ralph Lauren Boca Raton Blue SeaSnob foam longneck koozies..I do assume.....

Slip-On400koozie.gif

KilroyCD

One Too Many
HoosierDaddy said:
Quite so! Those bottom feeders are just the worst. Distasteful ungainly wild whiskered and such. Frankly..I wouldn't be caught dead! It's like they say...the cream always floats to the top. Of course you do use the newest Ralph Lauren Boca Raton Blue SeaSnob foam longneck koozies..I do assume.....
Precisely! Uh...I think. [huh]

HungaryTom

One Too Many
SINE NOBILITATE

surely said:
The fedora lounge gets rave reviews from around the world for its polite informative style and the way troublesome behaviors are resolved. One such behavior I have not seen discussed is snobbery.

We should immediately start the Aristocracy and Nobility of the Lounge thread to prove the contrary:p ...what is wrong if a community adheres to certain standards?

Tom

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I just had the best laugh I've had here in the Lounge in a long time . . . which is not to say I haven't laughed in a long time. :p

Something tells me this thread will outlast its predicted three-day life span.

Lee

"Laughter would be bereaved if snobbery died." - Peter Ustinov

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Laughing hysterically. . .

KilroyCD said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he suggesting we start a snobbery thread? That's unheard of! :p

What? :whistling :whistling Don't think we are good enough to be snobs? :eek:

(Actually, I can't. I would spend the next three days feeling awful.) :whistling :whistling :whistling

Well, (wait for it), we are too good for that!shakeshead shakeshead shakeshead

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
HungaryTom said:
We should immediately start the Aristocracy and Nobility of the Lounge thread to prove the contrary:p ...what is wrong if a community adheres to certain standards?

Tom

No need to start another thread. ShortClara has already started that process within this thread. And rightfully so! :eusa_clap

She has my vote for queen.

Lee

"It is impossible, in our condition of Society, not to be sometimes a Snob." - William Makepeace Thackeray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe