Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

Lando

Practically Family
Here's a few I posted on the new hat section a little while back, but I figured I would show these here if you missed them there. The first one is Optimo made, and the other three were rebuilds they did for me. Keeping the thread alive.
4707684151_9eaeb9a953_z.jpg

4864262444_69624ffe86_z.jpg

4863643447_a334c27646_z.jpg

4864261572_fa0699e7de_z.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Neophyte said:
those prices! $500, and that's the starting price!
Actually, $500 is pretty much the ball park price with a few exceptions. Now where it can get pricey is with the straws. :eek:

DRB

One Too Many
Lando,
I really like the first hat, the Optimo original. That is a real gentleman's hat. Regarding the 3rd hat, it looks like a grey and white mottled color, very unusual. What do you call that color?

Lando

Practically Family
DRB said:
Lando,
I really like the first hat, the Optimo original. That is a real gentleman's hat. Regarding the 3rd hat, it looks like a grey and white mottled color, very unusual. What do you call that color?

I call that too many years wearing a hat doing very bad things lol. Use to be silverbelly. I should have let it go years and years and years ago but the hat has seen way too much with me to give up on it now. There are just some hat you cant give up.

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
optimo refurb

I got a nice Mallory pork-pie but it was just a tad to small to wear so i took a trip to the local hat Mecca just a short 4 hour drive from my home.
I did get there an hour early because i forgot about the time change.
Tiffany was sweet and let me in over a half an hour early everyone was nice and very professional. I received my hat in about ten days looking like a shiny penny.
Front shot with my youngest
ru09b8.jpg

back shot with the same old fashond back bow i love it
2w3cjg6.jpg

and check out this crease it made me mist up a bit
30m8oyf.jpg

just kidding (sorta) I cant wear it on my dirty job but other wise i wont leave home with out it.

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
Thanks

Thanks so much for the thumbs up , all of you . And yeah Lefty I started wearing it straight up but it didn't make me smile as wide.

OT1899

Familiar Face
Optimo new releases ...

From what I've heard, there is an Optimo new release party Thursday evening in Chicago. Hopefully someone on TFL will be in attendance and can post an update ....???

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Please do.

As a college student, almost every kind of hat is outta my price range, but I really do dig the Optimo offerings and their colors. For now, though, it's Akubras. Maybe in the future.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
OK, I've just returned from Optimo where I was relieved of significant funds...
The already high quality felt has continued to improve. In the standard felts a Charcoal and Teal have been introduced and Oxblood has returned. Others will be posted when their site is revised.There are additions to the Flecked(Heathered) felts in the darker Gray range while Cypress, Khaki and Toast return.
The big news is in the specialty felts. The 1000($) line has expanded with 4 colors and some new Beaver/Mink Blends. These are in the Black,White ,Navy Gray range. There are two new Velour Finishes: A semi-lightweight moderate length akin to Borsalino XXX's and Post-War German/Austrian French examples
and a more substantial high-sheen Seal-Velour style like the early Austrian Hückels. Colors are saturated...Black, Indigo Blue and Cognac with a light Gray and Camel in the lighter weight.
Last is a spectacular true Silver Beaver Felt(like the MacLachlan), in a natural un-dyed Silver Color selected from the central strip of felt on the belly. It is nearly soft as Goose-Down or Cashmere and shapes beautifully.

They are really setting the standard for modern felt quality. If your wallet is overflowing or you just love fine felt and indebtedness, give them a call. Big money but a superior product.

*not a paid endorsement;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
rlk said:
They are really setting the standard for modern felt quality.
Yep, making a quality lid ain't rocket science but the task of acquiring the best materials takes $$$$ and effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe