Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

Aerol

A-List Customer
Bruce Wayne said:
Well, I went to Optimo today & I placed an order for a Whiskey coloured diamond crease that is 5 3/4 open crown. Prices for the regular weight, smooth finish have gone up from $550 to $595. I sure hope it is worth it.

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce... you know it'll be worth it!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's fun comparing what Graham says against the Dorfman quotes.

I liked this:

And countering capitalism's core tenets, Thompson would rather do less business with fewer customers than sell hats to buyers just riding the coolness wave.

"Years ago, this happened with cigars. People enjoyed it because it was trendy, not because of who they were. All of a sudden, you had all these schmoes smoking cigars. We're doing well in our niche but some of this is just like with trendy things in general."

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
You're making me want to wear it again, but it's gotten quite cold in Ohio.

I know I've posted it more than a few times, but I love this hat.
DSC_0035.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Lefty: A nice hat like that should get as much exposure as possible. I, for one, like seeing it. It puts ideas into my head. Ideas that fuel my obsession. I know I am going to get an Optimo Milan after seeing how fantastic yours is. Over the winter I'll be trying to think of what color ribbon I fancy. I really like that ribbon. If you could have another Milan, what color ribbon do you think you would go with?

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
Damn Lefty, there are many great milans on FL, but yours definitely sets a new standard!

Lefty said:
You're making me want to wear it again, but it's gotten quite cold in Ohio.

I know I've posted it more than a few times, but I love this hat.
DSC_0035.jpg

Neil

A-List Customer
So?

When are the new fall colors coming out? And is that pretty, pretty Oxblood going to be available?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Agree Lefty! Here`s a last pic of mine before it gets put away for the winter. Been a fine friend this summer...

20102October008.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
D'guy, wish I had friends like that old friend.

Got some good news from Tiffany. My Optimo 1000 should be here Wednesday. I am glad I am not working that day. Excited!

DRB

One Too Many
It is coming in porcelain white. Ribbon is up to them somewhere between 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inch, black in color. No bow but with a centerpiece that is white for accent. The brim will be 2 1/8 inches. Low tapered crown fedora #1. Just like my neptune blue one except it will have a wind trolley. I am so excited, might have to take a sleeping pill tonight! haha

Similar to this:
March22201020521.jpg

A_Jameson

New in Town
Hello my friends! I guess I've been a member of the South Side club since 2004 but just didn't realize it. I've been wearing a classic grey Optimo Fedora for years. I just sent it in to have it re-blocked and cleaned (My son sat on it repeatedly without my knowledge). It came back just like new and I couldn't be happier. The service I received there was great, even years after I bought the hat.

Lando

Practically Family
I like to throw a few at you at once. Mainly because I forget to post lol.
4947132054_813eec60fb_b.jpg

Oxblood with Silver Ribbon, Teardrop and 2 3/4 brim. I love how that Oxblood just shifts with whatever ribbon you throw on there.
5052111152_552128b0a7_b.jpg

Oxblood on Oxblood Mitchum, 2 1/2 Brim which is really my favorite brim width
4947132286_65be903728_b.jpg

Blackberry with Black Ribbon, Diamond top.
5052110806_70852513cd_b.jpg

Optimo 1000, Natural Silverbelly with Brown Ribbon. Mitchum, 2 1/2 Brim. I know the price tag is rough on these, I do, but damn it is a nice hat to wear. The color is very interesting because it is not dyed at all. The color comes from the selection of fur, and that's pretty damn cool. I don't know if I will spring for a 1000 again, but then, who knows what my mood will be when I get to next year. I always say, no more, and then I say, well why not a few, after all, I'll be dead one day and then what fun will I have. I also got an oxblood homburg but my photo didn't seem all that good, its on my flickr though if your curious. I may try and take some better ones when I get a chance. I tend to do the photos in batches when i remember. If anyone wants any specific images, let me know, close ups and the like.

I'm done for the season though. No more Optimos...till next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe