Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous Fedora Lovers

One Too Many
A friend mine saw a my dog using hat in face book and wrote in the photo:
2200030260106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Dear friend, I always know wich you are a dog ¡¡¡

theinterchange

One Too Many
Looking through this thread, it seems that that it's become "he's famous and wears a hat". When I think of most of the people/characters posted, I do not think of hats. So far, the only ones that seem famous for their hats are Chaplin (the boots, cane, stache, and hat are Chaplin), movie Sherlock, Laurel and Hardy, Blues Brothers, Lincoln, Churchill, and Indiana Jones. With any of these, "wears a hat" is one of the first phrases anyone would use to describe him/them. That's not true of Sinatra, Bogart, Hendrix, etc., where "wears a hat" might be 20th on the list.

While I tend to agree with you, there were more mentioned that are instantly recognizable with a particular hat or style than you seem to think.

Like Walter Brennan and his open crowned OR, Dan Blocker and his ten gallon, Eastwood and his spaghetti western hats, the character Odd Job [who thinks of him and disregards the demonstration he gave Bond at the country club?], Don Knotts and that panama he wore in everything from The Andy Griffith Show to several Disney flicks... I could go on.

Randy

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While I tend to agree with you, there were more mentioned that are instantly recognizable with a particular hat or style than you seem to think.

Like Walter Brennan and his open crowned OR, Dan Blocker and his ten gallon, Eastwood and his spaghetti western hats, the character Odd Job [who thinks of him and disregards the demonstration he gave Bond at the country club?], Don Knotts and that panama he wore in everything from The Andy Griffith Show to several Disney flicks... I could go on.

Randy

True. But aren't you too young to remember all those TV shows?

OK, here's another fictional character I would consider to be known for his hat. It appears this show is making a comeback with some of the old cast, and some new folks.
3638843.bin

In case you don't recognize this guy who's aged a bit, it's JR Ewing of Dallas.

theinterchange

One Too Many
True. But aren't you too young to remember all those TV shows?

Remember them?! I basically only watch old TV shows mingled with a good bit of modern [and classic] British fare. ;)

I was watching The Real McCoys when I was a kid in elementary school, they came on TNN [remember that network before they killed it? :eusa_doh:] every afternoon. :cool:

Randy

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Remember them?! I basically only watch old TV shows mingled with a good bit of modern [and classic] British fare. ;)

I was watching The Real McCoys when I was a kid in elementary school, they came on TNN [remember that network before they killed it? :eusa_doh:] every afternoon. :cool:

Randy

I lived through more TV hours as a kid than I care to admit. That's why I don't watch TV shows per se now. But you know you're seriously invested in old TV shows when you can still remember the words and music to the theme songs. I shudder to think of what I still recollect. "Well, there's Grandpappy Amos and the girls and the boys, and the family known as The Real Mccoys." Don't even ask about the Adams Family.

Story

I'll Lock Up
8b900568-127e-4cf9-a740-e20d8436b0f6-big.jpg

NEW YORK (AP) -- The scene in a gritty Brooklyn neighborhood had the feel of a political campaign stop, except the stately man trailed by aides, a bodyguard and two news photographers wasn't making speeches or working a crowd.
Instead, longtime federal Judge Jack B. Weinstein - 6-foot-2 and looking fit - strolled mostly in silence on Friday around the Louis Armstrong Houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant - the same streets where authorities say armed thugs once terrorized residents with an "open-air drug bazaar."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MAVERICK_JUDGE?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads