Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso's New Californian half belt, a new release I think.

zhz

Practically Family
Here is my 2 cents. BK started out with very affordable jackets made of rather ordinary leather. Their workmanship has always been very good. They seem to have this obsession with creating a worn look on their A-2 jackets. Most if not all of their A-2s are heavily creased. Then came the transition to higher end market where they put even more effort into getting that old and worn looks with new leather, even more worn than the Time Worn of Eastman. These newer leather look creased, dry with all kinds of very obvious mis-matched markings/grains etc but the most important thing is they are not for everybody (I have a friend who returned a Victory Horsehide A-2s because they look too worn out and mis-matched and there are others who commented that it looks like it was crumpled and trashed) , at least not for the mainstream manufacturers of leather jackets. When one order something that is so different from the mainstream and only in very small quantity, there is no wonder they would not be readily available.

I think this is why BK also offer Liberty HH, which does not have a worn look. Also, from some Victory HH I've seen, the worn effect isn't that obvious, maybe the real thing is different.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
zhz, going with the seal Liberty. Congrats btw on that Werber; hope it's as amazing in hand as it is in photos

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Slab, your Aeronaut is SPECTACULAR!!!! Blackadder posted that some Victory hides look "too worn out" -- yours definitely does not fit that description. Your Victory hide is superb! Also love the modified collar -- what exactly did you do/modify?

Edward

Bartender
Pretty ballsy putting the Sears name on the label. I guess he went all out for accuracy.

Is Sears still in use as a TM? (mind you, they were daring enough to call a jacket "Aeronaut", so I'm not sure BK are particularly troubled by niceties of TM law. ;) ).

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Is Sears still in use as a TM? (mind you, they were daring enough to call a jacket "Aeronaut", so I'm not sure BK are particularly troubled by niceties of TM law. ;) ).

They were just trying to point out that it's NOT an Aero :lol:

Perhaps, given some of the interweb criticism i have seen elsewhere (from the guy himself- "Yes, Virginia, there is a double standard"), they should have named it "Himelnaut" [huh]

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many

Yes, it absolutely is. (I did a quick search to double check) And no, I doubt they even gave it a second thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82