Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Bill Kelso model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Practically Family
Looks like a cheap knock off....gimme the norshore everytime..
Think the BK example looks very nice, as good as the Norshore for sure. Personally don't give a s*** how BK behave, they make cracking jackets and that's all that matters at the end of day.

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Think the BK example looks very nice, as good as the Norshore for sure. Personally don't give a s*** how BK behave, they make cracking jackets and that's all that matters at the end of day.
Even with a don't give a poop attitude, their new pricing is rediculous.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another peculiarity of Bill Kelso’s business model is its complete anonymity. We know exactly nothing about the company. BK claims to operate somewhere in Greece. However, BK affirmatively refuses to reveal its address on its website. We know nothing about BK’s ownership. Andy Falzon (if that is even his real name) claims to be an employee, rather than an owner. Andy has refused to answer questions about BK's ownership. As far as I know, no one here has ever met any owner or employee of BK, nor visited BK’s production facility. BK once promised to pull back the curtain and let us inside, but subsequently reneged on its promise. Thus, BK remains a complete enigma, operating in the shadows and affirmatively concealing its details.

Compare the foregoing with any other jacket manufacturer patronized by this forum. We know the owners/employees of Aero, Good Wear, Eastman, Himel, Lost Worlds, Norshore, Diamond Dave, Real McCoys, Langlitz, Lewis Leathers, Freewheelers, Mister Freedom, Whitefeather, Thedi, etc., and in most instances, we have met them. We know where these jacket manufacturers are located. These are known entities, with known owners/operators and known locations, that operate in full view.

IMHO, it is rather shocking that consumers are so ready and willing to hand over significant amounts of money to a company like BK that is a complete enigma, and that affirmatively conceals information about itself (particularly when BK promised to come out of the shadows, then reneged on its promise). What is BK? Who owns BK? Who operates BK? Who makes BK’s jackets? Who designs the jackets? Where is BK located? Why does BK list prices in British Pounds if it operates somewhere in Greece? What is BK’s affiliation with Block-Bilt? What is BK’s affiliation with Simmons-Bilt/AL? Why does BK operate in the shadows and stridently refuse to disclose any information about the company? What is BK hiding? These are reasonable questions that deserve answers.

Superfluous

I could not disagree more. First, IMHO, BK does not make "cracking jackets." To the contrary, the two BK jackets that I owned were anything but "cracking." Second, and far more importantly, producing a decent product is only one part of the equation. A company's conduct is undeniably relevant. I suspect you would feel differently about BK's outlandish conduct if it was directed at you, or someone you care about. Would you be here defending BK if BK stated on its website that you are "scum," the "lowest form of life" or an "abomination"? Would you be defending BK if BK posted photographs of you on its website, then refused to remove them after you asked multiple times for the photos to be removed? Would you be defending BK if BK sent you private e-mails threatening to sue you? I doubt it. Yet, because none of BK's despicable conduct was directed at you, you feel that you can freely ignore the conduct because, in your opinion, BK makes a "cracking jacket." Take your position to its logically extreme (e.g., slave labor) and the fallacy immediately becomes evident. I understand that you own a BK jacket and, therefore, feel compelled to defend BK's indefensible conduct. I suggest that you consider a slightly broader and more objective view of the situation.

Last edited:

Superfluous

Another peculiarity of Bill Kelso’s business model is its complete anonymity. We know exactly nothing about the company. BK claims to operate somewhere in Greece. However, BK affirmatively refuses to reveal its address on its website. We know nothing about BK’s ownership. Andy Falzon (if that is even his real name) claims to be an employee, rather than an owner. Andy has refused to answer questions about BK's ownership. As far as I know, no one here has ever met any owner or employee of BK, nor visited BK’s production facility. BK once promised to pull back the curtain and let us inside, but subsequently reneged on its promise. Thus, BK remains a complete enigma, operating in the shadows and affirmatively concealing its details.

Compare the foregoing with any other jacket manufacturer patronized by this forum. We know the owners/employees of Aero, Good Wear, Eastman, Himel, Lost Worlds, Norshore, Diamond Dave, Real McCoys, Langlitz, Lewis Leathers, Freewheelers, Mister Freedom, Whitefeather, Thedi, etc., and in most instances, we have met them. We know where these jacket manufacturers are located. These are known entities, with known owners/operators and known locations, that operate in full view.

IMHO, it is rather shocking that consumers are so ready and willing to hand over significant amounts of money to a company like BK that is a complete enigma, and that affirmatively conceals information about itself (particularly when BK promised to come out of the shadows, then reneged on its promise). What is BK? Who owns BK? Who operates BK? Who makes BK’s jackets? Who designs the jackets? Where is BK located? Why does BK list prices in British Pounds if it operates somewhere in Greece? What is BK’s affiliation with Block-Bilt? What is BK’s affiliation with Simmons-Bilt/AL? Why does BK operate in the shadows and stridently refuse to disclose any information about the company? What is BK hiding? These are reasonable questions that deserve answers.

I have a more pointed question for BK: What is your connection to Matel Leatherwear ( http://psathas.gr/index_en.htm )? You know why the question is being asked, so whats the connection?

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Shame you didn't read my post after I said this........no problem enjoy your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82