Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso's New Californian half belt, a new release I think.

pawineguy

One Too Many
From the admin there:

"It has come to the forum administration's attention that our member, Platon, has been disrespectful toward certain members.

This member has been cautioned previously and yet it still persists.

Due to this his membership has been deleted.

As you all should know by now, this forum is a very loosely moderated one which means we all have a mutual respect for each other. This also means that disrespect is not taken lightly.

We don't take the removal of a member's privileges lightly but when someone has been previously warned and disregards this warning, then that person will no longer be a member here.

This is not open to discussion so this thread will be closed.

End Quote"

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From the little time I spend there, Planton seemed to be one of the few posters that kept the place ticking over and contributing....I have no idea what went on but I think VLJ is going to be a whole lot quieter without him.....the repo manufacturers section is basically just him and DD

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That is a good point, PN. BK also made a lot of special offers to VLJ members, so he must have really irritated somebody. That said, having been the recipient of a few of Andy F's special DMs telling me why I was so wrong about so many things, I can imagine how that could happen. [huh]

Otter

One Too Many
It's pretty hard to get warned or even a post deleted over at the VLJ..let alone banned. So I would think that he irritated much more than just one person.
HD
He irritated me enough for me to put him on ignore on VLJ, but I would not have seen him banned. Say what you like about him, the man knows a fair bit about leather. I have to hold my hand up here and admit poking him here to get a response out of him, but I feel we are the poorer without him.

He irritated me enough for me to put him on ignore on VLJ, but I would not have seen him banned. Say what you like about him, the man knows a fair bit about leather. I have to hold my hand up here and admit poking him here to get a response out of him, but I feel we are the poorer without him.

You may be confusing Platon over there with Andy over here...but join the crowd. Same thing.
Yeah..I really don't care to see Platon banned...but he just couldn't seem to get along with the rest of the kids.....
HD

Mark

Practically Family
I'll miss his input, he (and Andy) added a bit of spice to both forums (it also made for a fun read!). I imagine it may not do their business much good though. Shame. I hope they maybe allowed back in some time.

pawineguy

One Too Many
That is a good point, PN. BK also made a lot of special offers to VLJ members, so he must have really irritated somebody. That said, having been the recipient of a few of Andy F's special DMs telling me why I was so wrong about so many things, I can imagine how that could happen. [huh]

He's been fairly tame on there lately, my guess is that it must have been DM related.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Platon banned from VLJ??? This is crazy and too bad to hear. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot... Must be a Mad Greek thing :D;)

In seriousness, I've always found both Andy and Platon to be very good to work with and no communication issues whatsoever. I've been willing to put up with all the surrounding noise because I think they arguably offer the best value on the market. You could go to Gino's for a decent steak, but in your heart of hearts you know the abuse Pat's dishes out is offset by his steaks!!

I'll keep y'all posted on how my order ends up; but I'm going to remain optimistic

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I know , we have had that conversation before! ;)

But before conspiracy theorists take over, I can reveal the real reason he was banned. It was found that it was actually him that took the shot from the grassy mound.

Correct, but he missed the target and shot himself in the foot instead. :D

schitzo

Suspended
maybe no online presence in either forum will in fact help sales. It may just, in time, add a bit of mystique. After all, the jackets one assumes will continue to speak for themselves

zhz

Practically Family
Platon banned from VLJ??? This is crazy and too bad to hear. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot... Must be a Mad Greek thing :D;)

In seriousness, I've always found both Andy and Platon to be very good to work with and no communication issues whatsoever. I've been willing to put up with all the surrounding noise because I think they arguably offer the best value on the market. You could go to Gino's for a decent steak, but in your heart of hearts you know the abuse Pat's dishes out is offset by his steaks!!

I'll keep y'all posted on how my order ends up; but I'm going to remain optimistic

Saw my Werber on their FB page, looks really nice, and when I compare it with photos of an original, I can hardly see the difference. I will post it when I receive the jacket (which will be November, because Andy want to post it together with my Westfall after they fix the sleeve).

schitzo

Suspended
Saw my Werber on their FB page, looks really nice, and when I compare it with photos of an original, I can hardly see the difference. I will post it when I receive the jacket (which will be November, because Andy want to post it together with my Westfall after they fix the sleeve).

what happened to your sleeve?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82