Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso's New Californian half belt, a new release I think.

Edward

Bartender
They don't seem to be much spotted in the wild. I imagine (as I speculated when they were released) because there are a lot more jackets of that general style around, including surviving originals, than good A2 repros, and such. There are other jackets calling me first, but I do think that one is very much one of the most underrated models on the repro market.

A-1

One Too Many
@Bretron I was wondering which the sizing was you went with? How tall are you and which length did you choose?
I’m just wondering as on all the fit pics I’ve found, the Aeronaut seems quite long. However, the standard length of a 42” is 24,25" which doesn’t seem long at all to me? I was just thinking if it has anything to do with the wider chest (on a 42” model it’s a 46” chest).

Maybe you can tell me what you’ve chosen, so it makes my choice a little easier.

BTW: my actual chest is 41”. Shoulder width 18,5”. When I’m wearing my Filson wool jacket that has a back length of 25,5” my belt is visible already. Going with the standard length of 24,25” would almost be a belly top look. At least that’s what I thought.

So, maybe you can tell me about your choices and your measurements.

Much obliged

bretron

Call Me a Cab
A1, as I don't yet have the jacket I can only comment on why I sized the way I did, which was a 42 long (24.75" body, and 26" sleeves). Sounds like we're pretty similar builds. I'm also a 41" true chest, and find I prefer jackets between a 45" and 46" chest. Also I have a relatively log torso, and like my waist length jackets falling just below my belt line. For reference, my favorite fitting jackets all have a body length of between 24.5" and 25" from neckline to seam. Plus I figured I'd rather have it ever so slightly longer than ever so slightly shorter if that makes sense

I'm getting anxious to take delivery and will give a full-blown report.

A-1

One Too Many
Yeah, that’d be great!!! I also thought so about the length. However, the fit pics I’ve seen on some people were way to long for my taste.
I mean it looks great on him but I’d like my jacket shorter:
14107154164_c8eb37525c_c.jpg

I went with a 25,5” length. Maybe I should change it to a shorter scale. hhmmmm. Will write Andy today. I always thought that the body length would be the easiest to figure out. I mean what can you do wrong. It’s just that all these fit pics confuse me a little. I thought it was a short jacket and yet it looks so long on most people.

My height is 6” by the way. How tall are you? Just to get a comparison.

Thanks!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
5'10" my dude :)

I'm guessing (and just a guess), you'd want it at 25" or 25.25" tops. Sorry if this throws ya for a loop!

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
A-1, my GW A2s are 24.5", 24.75" and 25.5". The middle one is best length. But note that length can be very difficult to compare with a waist knit jacket.

I'm 5'10.5", and my Menlo Cossack was 24.5" and fit well. I wish it was longer in front like the Aeronaut though. You should be fine at 25"ish.

I don't have it anymore.
I'm a 38-40 and the jacket was a little big. It was a medium. I'd say it was closer to a 42.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82