Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso's New Californian half belt, a new release I think.

thor

Call Me a Cab
I guess BK want to potentially tap into the Joe McCoy/ELMC premier vintage leather jacket marketplace. They are all quite pricey; one deerskin Joe McCoy jacket is selling for 216,000 yen (over 1,200£). Yikes!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yep. I was down in the Big Smoke last month and that was the price I was told by the assistant. Does seem pretty steep given the market out there. I'd like to the logic behind it...

strokes1251

Practically Family
Yep. I was down in the Big Smoke last month and that was the price I was told by the assistant. Does seem pretty steep given the market out there. I'd like to the logic behind it...
Their jackets are nice but not that nice lol $1200 is the most I would spend on a jacket but anything above that better come with fries and a shake.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Bretron, have you received the jacket yet?
I am in the midst of the ordering process with Andy and so far it was quite nice. To me he said it would be 4 weeks till the jacket will be shipped. I hope everything’s gonna be fine.

Either way, I am really eager to see some fit pics of other loungers who were waiting on a jacket.

Or was there a delay, again?!

A1, no update yet. But to be clear I have an Aeronaut headed my way not one of these uber badass Hercs. I'll update you fine gents when I get the sonofabitch (hopefully by the end of the month)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BK? 1250? I assume it is the 1920 Hercules in russet right? I've been told that jacket is 900...which already too expansive...

...wait.... pounds!! 1250 pounds!!!! where the hell did that price rise come from?

A-1

One Too Many
A1, no update yet. But to be clear I have an Aeronaut headed my way not one of these uber badass Hercs. I'll update you fine gents when I get the sonofabitch (hopefully by the end of the month)

Yeah I know, that’s why I was asking. I also would love to buy an Aeronaut a-1.
Wasn’t you promised to have it by the end of December. It’s just that a lot that is and was written in this thread makes me quite uncomfortable with going for BK. I’m still considering AL and the Simmons Bilt which I also REALLY like. I mean both, AL and Andy were quite nice to deal with. AL comes along way more trustworthy and reliable.

I mean it’s alright to wait two months if you know about that. However, the waiting times coming up here and the (random) delays...

All this make me reconsider my choice.

Have you paid up front?

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I hear what you're saying but I am all too ok waiting. Hell I waited almost two years for a Good Wear. Yeah I initially thought my jacket would be ready by end of Dec, but mid Dec I was updated with a date of Jan 17 which is this Sat. So I don't think it's necessarily anything to get nervous about (at least not yet).

And if you're asking me; the Aeronaut runs laps around the AL version ;)

Like I said I'll keep ya posted!

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
...wait.... pounds!! 1250 pounds!!!! where the hell did that price rise come from?

Obviously that's the price set by agreement between BK and American Classics. I suppose, from AC's pov, if they're selling the big money Japanese stuff too, they don't want to lose that market to folks coming in and walking away with a much cheaper European jacket instead. BK, on the other hand, will probably hope to gain a leg-up in perceived market value. You know, the old designer-label approach from the eighties - "more expensive = better". It worked very well as a strategy for the revival of the Harley Davidson and Gibson Guitars brands (as part of their overall strategy of improving sales and pushing themsvles as lifestyle / heritage brands), though I'd have thought it a risky move for what is still a fairly new entrant in a very niche market, especially where a lot of their customers have been pulled in by the likes of their recent Facebook offer.

Still think they're bang out of order using the "Aeronaut" name, but the vagaries of TM law are a wonderful thing.

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
Obviously that's the price set by agreement between BK and American Classics. I suppose, from AC's pov, if they're selling the big money Japanese stuff too, they don't want to lose that market to folks coming in and walking away with a much cheaper European jacket instead. BK, on the other hand, will probably hope to gain a leg-up in perceived market value. You know, the old designer-label approach from the eighties - "more expensive = better". It worked very well as a strategy for the revival of the Harley Davidson and Gibson Guitars brands (as part of their overall strategy of improving sales and pushing themsvles as lifestyle / heritage brands), though I'd have thought it a risky move for what is still a fairly new entrant in a very niche market, especially where a lot of their customers have been pulled in by the likes of their recent Facebook offer.

Still think they're bang out of order using the "Aeronaut" name, but the vagaries of TM law are a wonderful thing.

I agree it's risky, but that's retail. The other retail factor is mark-up beyond trade or direct sales price. That'll always raise a high price even higher. Works that way with Eastman.

Having seen the BK ones close up, the quality speaks for itself. And in my view they sit really well next to, and enhance, the Eastman jackets on the rack.

I can't really afford anything other than essentials at the moment, so all this is just tyre-kicking I suppose. But having at times been a spendthrift with an eye for quality, I can say confidently that one of those Hercules's would suit me fine. :D

Edward

Bartender
Eastman don't get the press in these parts they used to. I wouldn't say no to a nice, secon hand Air Comfort if it came my way, though.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Eastman don't get the press in these parts they used to. I wouldn't say no to a nice, secon hand Air Comfort if it came my way, though.

+3. I think Charles mentioned the Air Comfort being a bit shorter than the other models. If I get an Eastman I'll need the longest contract, because even the extra talls might not be long enough for me. What a nice jacket though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82