Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Grew up eating that stuff! The herring isn't all too different, though. My Grandpa used to take us down to Port Washington and we'd buy in bulk.

You ever have smoked chubs? One of my fond memories from visiting relatives in Wisconsin as a kid was bringing home some smoked chubs for later consumption.

Ha! I'm lucky enough to not have a sense of smell, but I hear they're not very nice to sniff!

I have one left, but saving it, as we had smelt for supper tonight.

Love'm...Mrs. Newsman thinks they are too smelly. She makes me go outside to eat them.

vintageTink

One Too Many
Our boarder had his own dinner tonight: a pizza from a gas station.

I had pizza toppings: cheese, black olives, sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni.
My boys ate the bread.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Our boarder had his own dinner tonight: a pizza from a gas station.

I had pizza toppings: cheese, black olives, sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni.
My boys ate the bread.

Pizza from a gas station?
Tom, do you have a cousin in Washington State? :D

I was VERY tempted to run by pizza hut and get a thin crust pizza last night, but I didn't.
I lost 3lbs yesterday, moving pecan wood to the wood holder (next I'll have to split it), cleaning out cabinets while the counter tops were gone (got new ones yesterday), and painting one side of my storage shed.
Even though I took in plenty of protein during the work, I was bottomed out by 4pm.
And believe me, I KNOW the pizza hut number by heart. :D
Decided on sausage links, cheese, and a low carb wrap. With a few hot pork rinds, minding the salt.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
funny-pictures-kfc-chicken-stilts-flamingos.jpg

:D

newsman

One of the Regulars
Tonight it is a cassoulet made with home made sausages. among other things, freshly baked bread, a nice spinach, based salad with the last dandy lion leaves of the season, served with a nice cheese and home made merlot.

The wife's at work. She deserves to come home to a cleaned house and a good dinner.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Tonight it is a cassoulet made with home made sausages. among other things, freshly baked bread, a nice spinach, based salad with the last dandy lion leaves of the season, served with a nice cheese and home made merlot.

The wife's at work. She deserves to come home to a cleaned house and a good dinner.

In jest, I was going to say: "Creep!" But then I saw: "Home made merlot." Are we talking french wine here. french.jpg

My wife is laid up at the moment. She has had a knee replacement operation, so I'm cooking her a meal. And as ordered by her dietician, we are going veggy for a while. (she needs the fibre, anything else would be too much information.)
Pasta with greens.
Ingredients
•1 Savoy cabbage
•6 tablespoons olive oil
•1 onion, finely sliced
•1 red chilli, deseeded and
•finely chopped, or 2 good
•pinches of dried chilli flakes
•2 garlic cloves, finely slivered
•6oz pasta shapes, such
•as strozzapreti
•Sea salt and freshly ground
•black pepper
•TO SERVE
•Extra virgin olive oil
•Parmesan, pecorino, hard goat’s
•cheese or other well-flavoured
•hard cheese

Directions
Put a large pan of well-salted water on to boil, so that you’re ready to cook the pasta while the sauce is coming together.
Remove the core and thick stems from the greens or cabbage and shred the leaves.

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Add the onion and cook gently for 10 minutes, or until soft.
Add the chilli and garlic and some salt and pepper, and continue to cook for about 3 minutes.

When the onion is almost cooked, add the pasta to the pan of boiling water and cook until al dente,
adding the greens to the pan about 3 minutes before the end of cooking.

Drain the pasta and greens thoroughly and toss with the onion mixture in the frying pan.
Check the seasoning, then serve, with extra virgin olive oil for trickling and lots of grated cheese.

vintageTink

One Too Many
Pizza from a gas station?
Tom, do you have a cousin in Washington State? :D

I was VERY tempted to run by pizza hut and get a thin crust pizza last night, but I didn't.
I lost 3lbs yesterday, moving pecan wood to the wood holder (next I'll have to split it), cleaning out cabinets while the counter tops were gone (got new ones yesterday), and painting one side of my storage shed.
Even though I took in plenty of protein during the work, I was bottomed out by 4pm.
And believe me, I KNOW the pizza hut number by heart. :D
Decided on sausage links, cheese, and a low carb wrap. With a few hot pork rinds, minding the salt.
Hey, I wasn't gonna say it!

3 lbs! That's great, Gregg!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centurionslut