Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I've always wanted one of those live-in French maids. Why does that seem just too much to expect..??
HDDD :p
Love it! In my last job, prior to self employment, I was something of a head honcho. I can remember asking a particular manager if there was anything that he needed: He said that he wanted a typist. I told him that he didn't have a typewriter. "And!" was his reply.

dnjan

One Too Many
But cleaning the place, with both of us working, made for a lot of free time being taken up in domestic chores. The answer, a cleaning fairy. Getting somebody reliable wasn't the difficult part, getting my wife to concede to it was. We are a working class couple and she just felt uncomfortable about asking someone else to clean up after us. No matter that we were paying them to do it. We have lived here for about 18 years now, still have a cleaning fairy, we have since added an ironing fairy and a garden fairy. But if you want to volunteer!!!!!!!
I remember friends from grade school whose parents had hired a cleaning woman to come once a week. So the day before the cleaning woman came, they would be rushing around the house cleaning so that the cleaning woman didn't think they were slobs ...

Back on topic - had a white bean and bacon soup a couple of nights ago. With home-made bread to sop up some of the broth. Might try a version using Toulouse sausage instead of the bacon this weekend.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I told him that he didn't have a typewriter. "And!" was his reply.
Man does not need a typewriter to have a typist. :eyebrows:

I've always wanted one of those live-in French maids. Why does that seem just too much to expect..??
i surely don't know. :wink:

I remember friends from grade school whose parents had hired a cleaning woman to come once a week. So the day before the cleaning woman came, they would be rushing around the house cleaning so that the cleaning woman didn't think they were slobs ...
Oh... lol

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Clean the house AND cook. Oh wow, can we hire you?
You mentioned a bigger house, quadrupling your floor space, now that will be a challenge come cleaning day. We live in what's termed: "bungalow." It means single story house. Bungalow is a term picked up from empire days. It's Indian in it's origin. The property was originally a two bedroomed, kitchen/diner, one bathroom and a living room or lounge. The guy we bought it from was a premiership soccer player back in the 1980's. He had the property converted to a five bedroomed house, two bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms, there's a master bathroom and off the reception hall is a WC and handbasin. The hall is as big as any of the rooms, there's a galleried landing upstairs. We have a dining room, living room, study and a massive garden. And the best of it was, we got it for a song.
The previous owner had massively overspent, and then tried to sell, but the market at that time was in the same sort of freefall that happened in the last few years. He had to sell though so his loss was our gain.
But cleaning the place, with both of us working, made for a lot of free time being taken up in domestic chores. The answer, a cleaning fairy. Getting somebody reliable wasn't the difficult part, getting my wife to concede to it was. We are a working class couple and she just felt uncomfortable about asking someone else to clean up after us. No matter that we were paying them to do it. We have lived here for about 18 years now, still have a cleaning fairy, we have since added an ironing fairy and a garden fairy. But if you want to volunteer!!!!!!!

Sounds good. We do try to balance our diet, going without meat a couple of times a week. so today it will be a risotto, comprising of onions, baby carrots, broad beans, minted garden peas all with freshleaf parsley and grated parmesan cheese. It also has rice in it, risotto rice, of course. And it's cooked in a stock made of vegetables and white wine. Served with a chilled glass of white wine. Cheers!

I've often dreamed of visiting England, as I have a few friends there. Actually one is in Gosport, quite a ways from you I believe.
Then take in a few football matches, Chelsea of course and maybe Arsenal.
But to clean? Uh no I can do that here. And I don't have to set foot on a plane. I'm still not sure about those things, especially
when the pilot yells "contact" and it's a jet. :D
The house I looked at online seems kind of suspicious. 4500sq foot for $280K is not right. Especially in the area it's located.
I suspect aluminum electrical wiring which is a bit of a problem down South, and has been known to cause fires.
I did tell a neighbor, that is always interested in investing money into something, maybe he'll have a go at it, but not me.

Dinner? Well the wife wants to go out, considering our only surfaces in the kitchen are the stove, washer, and dryer. No sink, no faucet, no microwave. I'm tempted to cheat a bit on my diet, because I moved an 8ft pecan tree (cut up into large pieces) twice today (loading and unloading). In 8hrs I dropped 3lbs, I deserve a pizza or something for that work. :p

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I
Dinner? Well the wife wants to go out, considering our only surfaces in the kitchen are the stove, washer, and dryer. No sink, no faucet, no microwave. I'm tempted to cheat a bit on my diet, because I moved an 8ft pecan tree (cut up into large pieces) twice today (loading and unloading). In 8hrs I dropped 3lbs, I deserve a pizza or something for that work. :p
You deserve it. :D

Tonight, Citrus salad, Schnitzel a la Holstein, Italian Salad, Noodles with Paprika Gravy, Sponge Cake with Butterscotch Sauce, Demitasse.
OK.
I'll take that. :essen:

PorkChops..fried potatoes..shell Mac&cheese with bacon bits...homemade slaw..and iced tea. Caramel cake.
As always, I'm passing plate over to your place. :hungry:

Bacon made it better too.
BACON makes everything better. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centurionslut