Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Dear God!

There'd need to be a pony keg for an appetizer.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Coming out of this?
pumpkinkeg.jpg

Breakfast for dinner tonight.
Had a steak for lunch, because we were running errands.
Never go to Logans again and get something that says "biggest and best bargain."
Biggest isn't really true, considering the 36oz steak I got at Kroger last week, was a dollar cheaper at $12 dollars.
Oh well...

jskeen

One of the Regulars
2013-10-09

Texas Style jerk Ribeye's with grilled Habaneros and LOTS of COLD Lone Star Beer. Blue Bell Vanilla Bean ice cream and St. Arnold's Root Beer Floats for deserts to try to put out the fire!!!!

Coming out of this?
View attachment 5038

Breakfast for dinner tonight.
Had a steak for lunch, because we were running errands.
Never go to Logans again and get something that says "biggest and best bargain."
Biggest isn't really true, considering the 36oz steak I got at Kroger last week, was a dollar cheaper at $12 dollars.
Oh well...
Nasty pumpkin beer. You couldn't pay me enough to try that.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No, women mature gracefully too.
Mine had actually been married before, but it wasn't a good marriage.
Now she has a good marriage, someone that can cook, and 2 girls with waggity tails. :D
Oh sure, we could get a house with 1,000 sq foot more room, but I told her I wasn't cleaning all that. :p
Is there any more folks like you out there?
I'd like to order one. :p

:nod:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Is there any more folks like you out there?
I'd like to order one. :p

:nod:
Probably.
But willing to clean the house AND cook?
I'm not sure...;)
Although possibly "do-able", I found a house that would quadruple the space our current one has now.
It's been repossessed several times, and needs some TLC.
Wait, 4x the space, and MORE TLC (my house has been taken care of and doesn't require that much work other than cleaning), plus a
pool to clean? Uh no. In addition to this, in that particular area, during the time it was built, those houses had aluminum wiring. Not really reliable. What's interesting, is the picture of the whirlpool tub and bidet. Between the two IS A FIRE EXTINGUISHER. If you are unloading a house, that doesn't need to be in there. Maybe they like Mexican food, surely it's not because of wiring issues. :eeek:

Cooking tonight's dinner at lunch, because I'm tearing out counter tops in preparation for new ones tomorrow. :eusa_clap
So pretzel shake and bake pork chops and chicken.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Probably.
But willing to clean the house AND cook?
Clean the house AND cook. Oh wow, can we hire you?
You mentioned a bigger house, quadrupling your floor space, now that will be a challenge come cleaning day. We live in what's termed: "bungalow." It means single story house. Bungalow is a term picked up from empire days. It's Indian in it's origin. The property was originally a two bedroomed, kitchen/diner, one bathroom and a living room or lounge. The guy we bought it from was a premiership soccer player back in the 1980's. He had the property converted to a five bedroomed house, two bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms, there's a master bathroom and off the reception hall is a WC and handbasin. The hall is as big as any of the rooms, there's a galleried landing upstairs. We have a dining room, living room, study and a massive garden. And the best of it was, we got it for a song.
The previous owner had massively overspent, and then tried to sell, but the market at that time was in the same sort of freefall that happened in the last few years. He had to sell though so his loss was our gain.
But cleaning the place, with both of us working, made for a lot of free time being taken up in domestic chores. The answer, a cleaning fairy. Getting somebody reliable wasn't the difficult part, getting my wife to concede to it was. We are a working class couple and she just felt uncomfortable about asking someone else to clean up after us. No matter that we were paying them to do it. We have lived here for about 18 years now, still have a cleaning fairy, we have since added an ironing fairy and a garden fairy. But if you want to volunteer!!!!!!!

Cooking tonight's dinner at lunch, because I'm tearing out counter tops in preparation for new ones tomorrow. :eusa_clap
So pretzel shake and bake pork chops and chicken.
Sounds good. We do try to balance our diet, going without meat a couple of times a week. so today it will be a risotto, comprising of onions, baby carrots, broad beans, minted garden peas all with freshleaf parsley and grated parmesan cheese. It also has rice in it, risotto rice, of course. And it's cooked in a stock made of vegetables and white wine. Served with a chilled glass of white wine. Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centurionslut