Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

7u5u5y3y.jpg

Here's something to go with those peanut butter'n'nanner sammiches Gregg. It came from TJ not TN though.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
COOKING NOW: Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings. Only three ingredients: chicken breast strips, one large can of Cream of Chicken soup, and two cans of Grands southern-style biscuits. Plus salt and pepper to taste. Not exactly made-from-scratch like Grandma's, but cheap, simple and very tasty.
555920_562931267094512_19409752_n.jpg

Last edited:

vintageTink

One Too Many
Matt Crunk, that looks yummy!

Gregg, that's his cousin with the elvin ears, the wrong nose, the wrong hair, the wrong melanin content, and apparently only one front tooth, dead center in his mouth. :rofl:

I said it came from TJ - pretty sure some tequila was involved. Maybe other stuff too.
I nabbed it cuz I'd never seen 68 comeback one, only Vegas.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
UPDATE: My Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings was preempted when my father-in-law returned from a fishing trip with a huge string of crappie and bass, and invited us over to partake. Fresh caught corn-battered fish filets, homemade steak fries, hushpuppies and coleslaw. I guess the dumplings will be a midnight snack tonight and lunch tomorrow.

Just fried a pan full of bacon, then cooked eggs in the grease. Had a few biscuits to scoop it down with.
My heart feels like the king's right now.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Had enough of the veggy diet, but still have to keep it high fibre for her. it's an antidote to the antibiotics.
Cottage pie, think I've posted it on here before. Ground beef, you can use lamb, but then it's called shepherd's pie, a selection of vegetables, I used a spanish onion, garlic, tomatoes, a leek, carrots and potatoes. Steam or boil the potatoes until soft, mash them with a dollop of butter. In the meantime, heat a slosh of olive oil in a large pan, add the garlic and onions, cook for about five minutes on a medium to high heat, add the beef. While the beef is cooking, make a jug of stock using a stock cube, herbs: parsley& thyme and a glass of red wine topped up with water. Finely chop all the vegetables and add to the meat, cook for a further ten minutes, add stock and simmer for twenty minutes.
When cooked, pour into a dish, spread the now creamed potato over the top, brush the surface with a smatter of butter and place under the grill until golden brown. Serve immediately. Goes down a treat with a large glass of the red wine.

That sound absolutely delicious. I have yet to come across any variety of cottage/shepards pie that I didn't like. I make it frequently at ou house during the cooler months but use guinness instead of red wine in the recipe, and I also like to sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top of the potatoes and cook it till it starts to brown and get a little crusty. I may have to make some soon.

Tonight we are having a homemade chicken pot pie that someone brought over to help out with the new baby.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Just fried a pan full of bacon, then cooked eggs in the grease. Had a few biscuits to scoop it down with.
My heart feels like the king's right now.

:eusa_clap

Chicken with a pretzel shake n bake, supposedly it's low carb.
Cauliflower and onions fried in an iron skillet, with a butter garlic seasoning.

vintageTink

One Too Many
Pretzels aren't low carb at all. Ever used pork rinds for coating? You crush them up finely, add seasoning. Works well, I've done it plenty.

I make shepherd's pie a bit. Family loves it.

I made it low carb for me, Gregg, by using cauliflower instead of potatoes. Turned out rather well.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Pretzels aren't low carb at all. Ever used pork rinds for coating? You crush them up finely, add seasoning. Works well, I've done it plenty.

I make shepherd's pie a bit. Family loves it.

I made it low carb for me, Gregg, by using cauliflower instead of potatoes. Turned out rather well.
I wondered about that but dern if it isn't low carb by looking at the label.
Lower than the regular bread crumb version.
I haven't tried the pork rinds although I know about those recipes.
It's not like I have a shortage of them, I have 10 bags on top of my fridge at this time.
Louisiana Hot Sauce flavor from Golden Flake is my favorite.

Here is the label.
You are supposed to cut the chicken up and make "poppers" out of them.
We used it for 4 chicken breasts instead.
At best we have 35 to 40 carbs.
But since we don't have carbs during the day, this is a nice change.

Serving Size:
8g

Servings Per Container:

Calories:

Calories from Fat:
%DV

Saturated Fat:
0g 0%

Total Fat:
0mg 0%

Cholesterol:
0mg 0%