Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpedo

One Too Many
RBH said:
Here is a shot from today of the boat people! :D

Looks like the fun has just begun, and I think the straws ruled {at least for now}!!!

buncha.jpg

Gents, I do envy you. Absolutely.
Great lineup (roll call? ;) ) to begin with! Please keep them pics coming!

Torpedo

One Too Many
ScottF, no problem with breaking the Labor Day rule if you do it with such a handsome hat!

Billysmom, you have got a great cache of nice hats...

Looking good there Duper! Feds do have that vintage vibe...

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jauntyone said:
My VS thin-ribbon today:
I was wondering how late into the season I can wear a silver-mist colored hat, but I see a lot of others here still looking good in straw hats, so I guess I'm O.K. for now!:D

Great ensemble, J-1 ! That VS is very versatile and I would think it is an all-year around hat. Here in Texas, hats (OK, western hats mostly) are either black or silverbelly with the occasional canyon color thrown in. I think it makes no differnece, but then, I wear my felts all summer anyway.

Mr. Paladin

RBH said:
Here is a shot from today of the boat people! :D

Looks like the fun has just begun, and I think the straws ruled {at least for now}!!!

buncha.jpg

Given that incredible hat Gene is wearing, I would have a two-inch chinstrap on it to make sure it didn't go overboard!

RobStC

A-List Customer
My recently arrived Adam 'Strand' Executive in Buckskin, which has been pretty much constantly on my head since it arrived. More details posted on the Adam Alley.

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

RobStC

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Paladin said:
Given that incredible hat Gene is wearing, I would have a two-inch chinstrap on it to make sure it didn't go overboard!

I was thinking along the same line. Wind Trolley on a Panama Mr. P? Odd but I would sure consider it. At least I would go with one size smaller and wedge my noodle into it.
Tom D.

billysmom

One Too Many
St.Ignatz said:
I was thinking along the same line. Wind Trolley on a Panama Mr. P? Odd but I would sure consider it. At least I would go with one size smaller and wedge my noodle into it.
Tom D.

Exactly why my "at sea" headwear is always something I wouldn't tear up over if it goes overboard. Usually a fabric one that I can snug down, such as this one:
item_179_med.jpg

But for a bon voyage photo such as rbh's, I would bring out my best! (And make sure there's something downwind to catch my hat should disaster strike.)

Dreaming of blue water and breezes ...
Sue

billysmom

One Too Many
Jauntyone said:
My VS thin-ribbon today:
I was wondering how late into the season I can wear a silver-mist colored hat, but I see a lot of others here still looking good in straw hats, so I guess I'm O.K. for now!:D

Great look, Jauntyone, as always! I agree with Mr. P. - as long as the weather's appropriate for light colored suits, you're good to go with the silver-mist hat. That color's sort of a seasonless neutral around here.

Sue

Feraud

Bartender
Very nice Stetson Douglas. The hat looks well cared for and the proportions look perfect on you.. :eusa_clap
DOUGLAS said:
This turned out to be quite good. The straw is not dry, it was not lacquered and the weave seems be to tight. It also has a great liner and a 2" sweat that is a suede type.
DSCN9367.jpg

Garrett

For all of those who comment about me not wearing my hats

and you know who you are :D (Green Schoble Warburton)

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

Mr. Paladin

RobStC said:
My recently arrived Adam 'Strand' Executive in Buckskin, which has been pretty much constantly on my head since it arrived. More details posted on the Adam Alley.

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

RobStC

Very nice color choice, sir. The trim is excellent and it looks great on you. When we visited Scotland last year, I saw few fedoras there, maybe one or two, but mine collected some looks; mostly of amusement. Great to see you on board at the Lounge.

Mr. Paladin

Garrett said:
and you know who you are :D (Green Schoble Warburton)

IMG_2845.jpg

Hey Garrett, seeing a photo of you occasionally just re-assures some of us that you are not just a faceless, computer-generated hat vacuum, channeling fine (size 7, I think:( ) hats off the Internet to fill a warehouse in an hidden location! :D :D

warbird

One Too Many
First half of today before it warmed up a lot it was my grandfather's Pilgrim. I have a lot of his hats, but this is one of the few I can wear. This is a 7 LO which fits me well, though I am a 7 1/8 LO. I have worn it for years and it is the shortest brimmed hat I wear at just 2 1/4".

DSCN0932.jpg

DSCN0933.jpg

billyspew

One Too Many
warbird said:
First half of today before it warmed up a lot it was my grandfather's Pilgrim. I have a lot of his hats, but this is one of the few I can wear. This is a 7 LO which fits me well, though I am a 7 1/8 LO. I have worn it for years and it is the shortest brimmed hat I wear at just 2 1/4".

Very nice Warbird, great that it's got history as well. Any interior shots?

warbird

One Too Many
billyspew said:
Very nice Warbird, great that it's got history as well. Any interior shots?

You know to tell you the truth I don't think I have ever taken a pic of the inside of that hat. I will have to try and remember to do that next time I fire up the camera.

I am giving serious consideration in selling a few of his hats that I cannot wear to people on TFL who wear shorter brims and wear size 7. I certainly won't sell them on ebay. I would only sell them to people who really would wear them and love them. It's a dang shame to let them sit here and go to waste.

Just to give you a few examples. These were all his. None of them would I ever wear, especially the Porkpie, jeesh how ridiculous I would look in that.

DSCN0938.jpg

DSCN0935.jpg

DSCN0936.jpg

DSCN0939.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe