Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's my late submission for Thanksgiving Eve.

Still wearing my 40s OR. I love this thing.

57bf3d525136b634329bcbc69cc660ca.jpg

1b8ce8b29f0b4c2e4c74f57a820dc415.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Happy Thanksgiving, folks (including to those who don't call the U.S. home). I'm grateful to each and every one of you for the fellowship, support, enabling and fun that you each add to my days. FL is one heck of a blast.

And each of the folks here, well... I think Eric and others have already put it more beautifully than I could. I'll simply add that all of you mean a lot to me as we each travel the exciting and sometimes rocky roads of our lives. And learning from you and seeing the joy that each of you gets from our common hat affliction are tremendously neat experiences. I send my gratitude to each of you.

A few words of warning: As you go forth to your various celebrations, wear an appropriate hat. Perhaps one like this...
Screenshot_20161123-141814-picsay.png

I've got mine ready.

May today and all of your days be filled with the stuff that really matters: love of family and friends (and lots and lots of hats[emoji6]).

Peace, love and all that hippie sh... (well... for the sake of politeness, I'll just say) stuff... hippie stuff.

Matt

EstherWeis

Vendor
That was so cool!! Thanks for posting that Esther!
Aw thx Roger!

As cool as it gets !!! Love it Esther !!!
Thx Rodolfo.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Dear, over here, everybody's english is accented. There's just variations.

Great vid, BTW. Very photogenic!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I don't look like that in real life, it's really good editing.
They did a very good job.

Thanks for sharing Esther, nice beyond boundaries..loved it....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Thanks! Twice? You must have really liked it ;)

How wonderful! Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jeff, glad you enjoyed it.

I also reflect the general opinion of....."Awesome..."

Aw thx!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Daniele. Whats yer first favorite of mine? Lol. The Navy Blue Alessandria?
Bob my favourite of yours is the Schoble below
I love in the Borsalino the ability to vary with taste and imagination the theme of elegant dress hat.
For this reason I have a good number of very different Borsalino one from the other.
The Borsalino, called Alessandria in the US, is a Stratoliner clone according to the highest standards of Piedmont family hatters Borsalino. It is so common among you that for me has very little appeal despite being a nice hat.
It is always just a matter of taste ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Fedora Lounge friends. I don't currently have a hat on to post as I may not step outside the door today, but I wanted to wish everyone a happy and blessed day.

Thanksgiving isn't like the other holidays. No specific religious connotation, we're not honoring a great leader or anything like that. It's one day where we're just supposed to relax, get together with friends and family, and count our blessings. I am thankful for the friendships and acquaintances I've made since joining the FL a few years ago. I'm thankful for the happiness the humble hat has given me since I became enamored of them. And of course, I'm thankful for my friends, family, and everything I have in this world that makes living worthwhile.

We're actually "doing" Thanksgiving tomorrow. My sister and BiL recently relocated to Florida for retirement. My niece is a health care worker, and has to put in time today. So we will have turkey and fixins tomorrow with her and her children.

Today I make pizza. And contemplate these "27 8X10 photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us."

If any of you need me, I'll be sittin' over here on this bench, marked "Group W."

61e0c832-62f4-4204-9c1f-b5e684680072_l.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Fedora Lounge friends. I don't currently have a hat on to post as I may not step outside the door today, but I wanted to wish everyone a happy and blessed day.

Thanksgiving isn't like the other holidays. No specific religious connotation, we're not honoring a great leader or anything like that. It's one day where we're just supposed to relax, get together with friends and family, and count our blessings. I am thankful for the friendships and acquaintances I've made since joining the FL a few years ago. I'm thankful for the happiness the humble hat has given me since I became enamored of them. And of course, I'm thankful for my friends, family, and everything I have in this world that makes living worthwhile.

We're actually "doing" Thanksgiving tomorrow. My sister and BiL recently relocated to Florida for retirement. My niece is a health care worker, and has to put in time today. So we will have turkey and fixins tomorrow with her and her children.

Today I make pizza. And contemplate these "27 8X10 photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us."

If any of you need me, I'll be sittin' over here on this bench, marked "Group W."

61e0c832-62f4-4204-9c1f-b5e684680072_l.jpg
hear hear Jim ... great post
what a wonderful holiday it is ... just a gathering of family, good food, no gifts required outside of a little help from everyone.
sitting around listening to the same stories as every year and wouldn't want it any other way

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Not sure we'll venture out today. My older brother is down from the Seattle area (Kent, for those who know the King county area). So it's us 3, brother, MrsFed and me. LOL, my brother looked at all the hat boxes and the hats scattered around the house and says, "wow, so you're really into hats now...."

Brother got rear-ended on his trip south yesterday. It was a 4 car pile up as he was stopped in traffic on I-5 just after crossing the border from Washington to Oregon. He called me at work right after it happened, and I could hear the confusion and trauma in his voice, clearly amped up from adrenaline. I thought it was a lot worse than it actually was. He's ok and although his truck has a smashed bumper and the rear end is buckled down, the truck is still drive-able.

After I hung up, I was struck by the fragile nature of life. I thought it just as easily could have been a call from the state police or a Portland LEO giving me the ultimate bad news. My aunt is still in the hospital from her bad accident of a few weeks ago. Family is everything, and I imagine most of us have had too many losses in that area.

We broke into the pumpkin pie last night. Yum. Bro brought a bunch of dvd's from his extensive collection. So we're just slugs today, hanging out, watching movies and the like. Tomorrow we are staying away from stores. Saturday we're heading down to see Mike at NW Hats again. Road trip!

I wish all of you the very best weekend, whether you're in the states celebrating Thanksgiving or another country living your good lives. And thank you, again, for sharing so much here on the FL.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Happy Thanksgiving All.

This is what sleepy looks like.
P1210771 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Pilgrim
P1210772 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1210773 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Busy making a cassoulet to serve as the turkey alternative.

11-24-2016 Today's Clothes for now by Michael A2012, on Flickr

And generally feeling tired. My sister and her husband will be here in a few and then we are going to a turkey party in a couple of hours. I think a sleepy afternoon is in store.

Have a great one.

Michael

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Not sure we'll venture out today. My older brother is down from the Seattle area (Kent, for those who know the King county area). So it's us 3, brother, MrsFed and me. LOL, my brother looked at all the hat boxes and the hats scattered around the house and says, "wow, so you're really into hats now...."

Brother got rear-ended on his trip south yesterday. It was a 4 car pile up as he was stopped in traffic on I-5 just after crossing the border from Washington to Oregon. He called me at work right after it happened, and I could hear the confusion and trauma in his voice, clearly amped up from adrenaline. I thought it was a lot worse than it actually was. He's ok and although his truck has a smashed bumper and the rear end is buckled down, the truck is still drive-able.

After I hung up, I was struck by the fragile nature of life. I thought it just as easily could have been a call from the state police or a Portland LEO giving me the ultimate bad news. My aunt is still in the hospital from her bad accident of a few weeks ago. Family is everything, and I imagine most of us have had too many losses in that area.

We broke into the pumpkin pie last night. Yum. Bro brought a bunch of dvd's from his extensive collection. So we're just slugs today, hanging out, watching movies and the like. Tomorrow we are staying away from stores. Saturday we're heading down to see Mike at NW Hats again. Road trip!

I wish all of you the very best weekend, whether you're in the states celebrating Thanksgiving or another country living your good lives. And thank you, again, for sharing so much here on the FL.
Scary stuff, Fed. Glad it turned out to be a more minor event than it first appeared.

Here's wishing you and yours a great holiday.
Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg