Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful hat Daniele! I really like the finish, and that ribbon/hat band!
Thanks a lot! Borsalino, in the past, had a special eyes for the felt - ribbon combo.
It is a sort of "tradition" in the Italian hats producers. Every one of them had a "speciality"

George I. Eakle
The second in my top list of your hats
I really appreciate it. Bravo Roberto

Daniele; Yet another treasured hat. Lovely today as in the past weeks. I read your posts and frequently Google up the locals on the Internet. I have traveled only to the mountainous areas of Italy and do need to make time to visit more of your wonderful and colorful country.
Eric thanks for your kind words.
I live at the foot of the mountains. When I walk towards North and climbing along the paths in two days of walking you are the Alps. Where I live ends one of the most interesting European paths E5 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E5_European_long_distance_path
If you will be here I will glad to meet you in Verona or in the towns around.
I think you will have pleasure in Italy ;)

I cannot be as eloquent as Moon today, nor as complete as Eric. Nor obviously, as Flemish as Esther. However, each and every one of you are looking great today. Happy Thanksgiving Day eve to everybody in the US. Heck, to everybody, period. Just because you're not here doesn't mean I can't be thankful for you!

I also missed the Stetsonian memo. Wouldn't matter. Inaugural outing in the new Granite Gannon

View attachment 60983 View attachment 60984 View attachment 60986
Congrats! Looks great Jim!

40Cal

One Too Many
I have been thankful for the Fedora Lounge members the past months. I have enjoyed pursuing and reading/listening to the conversations centered around hat/cap gear. Life and comments have been in moderation and of late it has been a respite to tune in. On an eve of Thanksgiving I say THANKS!

Robert; Your hat collection has many treasures. Today’s Vita Felt is excellent. Love the ocean pics.

-
Thank you Eric. A happy Thanksgiving to you too!
I look forward with anticipation each day to your posts. You have such a diverse collection of hats. Always a pleasure to see what you are wearing throughout your day.

40Cal

One Too Many
Everyone's looking sharp today!

I didn't have time to snap a photo before heading to the office today but I'm wearing the brown St. Regis again. This convo happened:

Friend: I love your Pharrell hats.
Me: Pharrell doesn't wear hats this nice.

Mic drop.
I got the Pharrell comment a few months ago...... but I'm old and had no idea who Pharrell was. I assumed Will Farrell had a new movie out and he was wearing a hat at some point. I like your comeback!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Perfect afternoon in North Texas. Home early and heading out to get some last minute groceries.

Stetson 100.

3607224a97d49039256df7887dd0980d.jpg

Cheers!
David

I cannot be as eloquent as Moon today, nor as complete as Eric. Nor obviously, as Flemish as Esther. However, each and every one of you are looking great today. Happy Thanksgiving Day eve to everybody in the US. Heck, to everybody, period. Just because you're not here doesn't mean I can't be thankful for you!

I also missed the Stetsonian memo. Wouldn't matter. Inaugural outing in the new Granite Gannon

View attachment 60983 View attachment 60984 View attachment 60986
Sure like that color! Looks dapper for sure.

With all the epic Stetsons out and about today, I decided to be a rebel. I'm "Never connected in any way" to today! My Stephen L Stetson gets the nod as a anti-establishment statement. I also want to pass on my Thanksgiving good wishes to all who dwell in the Lounge. Never have I been a part of a more welcoming and warm group of like minded hobbyists! I am humbled in your collective presence!
23Nov16 SLS front.jpg
23Nov16 SLS crown.jpg
23Nov16 SLS Side.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I have been thankful for the Fedora Lounge members the past months. I have enjoyed pursuing and reading/listening to the conversations centered around hat/cap gear. Life and comments have been in moderation and of late it has been a respite to tune in. On an eve of Thanksgiving I say THANKS!

Remiss I have been in not taking more time to comment on posts. Let me work on it today.

Esther; Wonderful hat and pic today. Enjoyable to see Antwerp from your camera lens. I so appreciate your posts as the Forum need different perspectives. Your diplomatic posts to queries are much enjoyed by me.

Safety; The vtg. Borso is gorgeous. Nothing like the vtg felt of this manufacturer makes you wish to reach out and touch and hand crease the hat. Wear it in pride.

Trench; Thanks for your many contributions and congeniality.

Michael; Excellent duds today. Your choices are a good challenge to my more staid attire choices.

Matt; Your Croft today is a drool worthy lid. The brim treatment is just classy. My heartfelt get well wishes to your acquaintance. They are tough on the ill and all of their support. He is fortunate to have you, a caring sole, in his corner supporting him. Your posts are much appreciated.

Daniele; Yet another treasured hat. Lovely today as in the past weeks. I read your posts and frequently Google up the locals on the Internet. I have traveled only to the mountainous areas of Italy and do need to make time to visit more of your wonderful and colorful country.

RJR; Well chosen today. The Stetsonion is a classic and you wear it well. Your posts and personal acknowledgements are appreciated.

Anthony; You wear the hat it never wears you! Thanks for sharing your passions. Love the posts.

Fed; The conversion is very cool. Your hat collection seems to grow weekly. Great hats of late.

Perry; The OR is classy. Your posts show your tastes to run to hats/attire that I enjoy. A pleasure to read your posts.

Benz; Now that is a first hat! Thanks for your many contributions sir.

Robert; Your hat collection has many treasures. Today’s Vita Felt is excellent. Love the ocean pics.

Harv; Classy look with the big brim. You truly can wear all the hats and caps well. Thanks for sharing.

Knotten; Stetsonian – seems to be a theme today. Well-worn sir. The train shots in the morning are a regular staple that I enjoy.

Red; Your shared pics of late show a gentleman enjoying his hats. You wear them proudly. Thanks for sharing.

Bob; Gills rule! Great features on today’s post. I appreciate and suspect that I have read most of your 6,000+ posts. Thanks.

I could only choose to respond to today’s poster with the limits on my time this early aft. To all – THANKS on this Thanksgiving eve.

Feeling fortunate, Eric -
I doubt I could say it any better than you have, Eric. I've learned so much from so many here in just a few short months, and the parade of fabulous hats never ceases to amaze me.

I was just thinking this morning about how the increased passion for hats has come on exponentially because we can gather here on this internet site and share thoughts, preferences and experiences. I think my relatively meager collection (26 for me, 4 for MrsFed, and 7 for BabyGirlFed) would have probably stopped somewhere around 2 new hats this year if I hadn't received fine tutelage from all of you here. Not only that, but I see how "brave" everyone is in wearing a hat even when it's not so popular as it was in the past. I've seen people post from all over the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brussels, Italy, Germany, Denmark, France... I know I probably missed some others, too.

Last night grocery shopping I marveled at how many people were getting soaked in the rain as they went from car to store, to car again. I was the only one with a hat, although a couple had coats on with an attached hood. But the vast majority just got their noggins soaked. It was almost comical.

I'm thankful for my family foremost, but I'm also thankful for this web based family here. Y'all are so open, welcoming and encouraging... and my wife has only complained once about the hysterical enabling that goes on here! :D

Have a great weekend everyone!

EstherWeis

Vendor
Hey! Make your own! ;)

You look very stylish today, love. Great hat and jacket (?) combo.

Ha! But yours is so nice ;)

Thx Harv!

The hat looks good and the beard is coming along nicely. Great tie too.

How are the roads? My sister is supposed to be driving down here from Maple Grove this morning. Great cap by the way. And I'm glad it's rain here instead of white rain.

Great Outfit Esther. Is that a Chanel jacket?

Great color on the Borsalino.

Michael
That's a Weis jacket ;)

Esther is NOT boring. What a beautiful, classy hat. Indeed, the ensemble is very well put together.

Now, I'm boring. It's been raining like heck since yesterday afternoon so my 2nd hat for groceries last night was the Outback Trading Co River Guide, an oilskin hat... with side vents that, when confronted with rain blowing sideways, allow cold water to enter. Not the best design for wind blown rain and cold weather. Well, thankfully, not too cold yet.

Today I'm wearing the NW Hats outback conversion of my Stratton western, Again... See what I mean? Boring.

i-2kBVzR2-L.jpg
Thank you !

Ya got it all wrong... It's called being classically elegant. Very nice.
Ha! Thx Matt! You have a very good idea of what colors work for you.

I find that you are never boring! Clean looking color, it goes well with your light colored coat.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az