Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I'd like to wish you guys a very happy thanksgiving.
I hope it will be a lovely day!

Me? I'm up to my elbows in pine branches for the next 2 days.

You've all seen this hat too many times...

add24c38e9f06b67c8b8d53075090b8f.jpg

Oh! Btw, happy Freddy day!
Alright... I feel like an idiot in suspense, so I gotta ask... what is Freddy day?

Sweet lid, as always.

Have a happy.

Happy Thanksgiving, folks (including to those who don't call the U.S. home). I'm grateful to each and every one of you for the fellowship, support, enabling and fun that you each add to my days. FL is one heck of a blast.

And each of the folks here, well... I think Eric and others have already put it more beautifully than I could. I'll simply add that all of you mean a lot to me as we each travel the exciting and sometimes rocky roads of our lives. And learning from you and seeing the joy that each of you gets from our common hat affliction are tremendously neat experiences. I send my gratitude to each of you.

A few words of warning: As you go forth to your various celebrations, wear an appropriate hat. Perhaps one like this... View attachment 61027

I've got mine ready.

May today and all of your days be filled with the stuff that really matters: love of family and friends (and lots and lots of hats[emoji6]).

Peace, love and all that hippie sh... (well... for the sake of politeness, I'll just say) stuff... hippie stuff.

Matt
:):) My feelings exactly. You need to let the Turkey Hat "rest" for 20 minutes before you wear it.

I'd like to wish you guys a very happy thanksgiving.
I hope it will be a lovely day!

Me? I'm up to my elbows in pine branches for the next 2 days.

You've all seen this hat too many times...

add24c38e9f06b67c8b8d53075090b8f.jpg

Oh! Btw, happy Freddy day!
Thanks Esther, I hope that your decorating gives you pleasure! Your hats are always enjoyable. I look forward to them each morning.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Fedora Lounge friends. I don't currently have a hat on to post as I may not step outside the door today, but I wanted to wish everyone a happy and blessed day.

Thanksgiving isn't like the other holidays. No specific religious connotation, we're not honoring a great leader or anything like that. It's one day where we're just supposed to relax, get together with friends and family, and count our blessings. I am thankful for the friendships and acquaintances I've made since joining the FL a few years ago. I'm thankful for the happiness the humble hat has given me since I became enamored of them. And of course, I'm thankful for my friends, family, and everything I have in this world that makes living worthwhile.

We're actually "doing" Thanksgiving tomorrow. My sister and BiL recently relocated to Florida for retirement. My niece is a health care worker, and has to put in time today. So we will have turkey and fixins tomorrow with her and her children.

Today I make pizza. And contemplate these "27 8X10 photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us."

If any of you need me, I'll be sittin' over here on this bench, marked "Group W."

61e0c832-62f4-4204-9c1f-b5e684680072_l.jpg
Have a wonderful day my friend, stay warm and well lubricated!

In all honesty you all mean more to me than you probably should [emoji12]... but in a roundabout way you are part of my everyday life and I am thankful for that.

Love your family
Enjoy your friends
Eat drink and be merry

40s Vita Felt Whippet on a drizzly Thanksgiving morning

cbb06516665a40e813a03cec72773996.jpg

94a73901f00d0adc7422e3f731983b94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with your sentiments. Even though I'm a newcomer around here, I have connected with my fellow loungers in a special way. Have a relaxing day, stuffing yourself. Hopefully your beautiful Vita-Felt will still fit at the end of the day, Fathead! You have been very kind to me in my short time here, I appreciate you Moon.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Not sure we'll venture out today. My older brother is down from the Seattle area (Kent, for those who know the King county area). So it's us 3, brother, MrsFed and me. LOL, my brother looked at all the hat boxes and the hats scattered around the house and says, "wow, so you're really into hats now...."

Brother got rear-ended on his trip south yesterday. It was a 4 car pile up as he was stopped in traffic on I-5 just after crossing the border from Washington to Oregon. He called me at work right after it happened, and I could hear the confusion and trauma in his voice, clearly amped up from adrenaline. I thought it was a lot worse than it actually was. He's ok and although his truck has a smashed bumper and the rear end is buckled down, the truck is still drive-able.

After I hung up, I was struck by the fragile nature of life. I thought it just as easily could have been a call from the state police or a Portland LEO giving me the ultimate bad news. My aunt is still in the hospital from her bad accident of a few weeks ago. Family is everything, and I imagine most of us have had too many losses in that area.

We broke into the pumpkin pie last night. Yum. Bro brought a bunch of dvd's from his extensive collection. So we're just slugs today, hanging out, watching movies and the like. Tomorrow we are staying away from stores. Saturday we're heading down to see Mike at NW Hats again. Road trip!

I wish all of you the very best weekend, whether you're in the states celebrating Thanksgiving or another country living your good lives. And thank you, again, for sharing so much here on the FL.
Same to you and yours my friend! Sorry to hear about your brother's misfortune, the traffic horror made the 11:00 news last night, it must have really sucked!! Say hi to Mike for me, I'll be heading down there to pick up my "Regent" hat really soon, looking forward to it.
Stay dry today!

Happy Thanksgiving All.

This is what sleepy looks like.
P1210771 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Pilgrim
P1210772 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1210773 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Busy making a cassoulet to serve as the turkey alternative.

11-24-2016 Today's Clothes for now by Michael A2012, on Flickr

And generally feeling tired. My sister and her husband will be here in a few and then we are going to a turkey party in a couple of hours. I think a sleepy afternoon is in store.

Have a great one.

Michael
If sleepy looks this good, how about after your afternoon nap? Had to look up that cassoulet dish, sounds wonderful!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I agree with your sentiments. Even though I'm a newcomer around here, I have connected with my fellow loungers in a special way. Have a relaxing day, stuffing yourself. Hopefully your beautiful Vita-Felt will still fit at the end of the day, Fathead! You have been very kind to me in my short time here, I appreciate you Moon.

and I you , friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88