Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm going to be wearing a brand new men's Goorin to dinner that I just got last week at a thrift store - brand new with tags. Can someone please educate me as to the name of this style of hat?

Thanks,
Vintage Betty

hat_goorin1.JPG
hat_goorin2.JPG

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty said:
I'm going to be wearing a brand new men's Goorin to dinner that I just got last week at a thrift store - brand new with tags. Can someone please educate me as to the name of this style of hat?

Thanks,
Vintage Betty

hat_goorin1.JPG
hat_goorin2.JPG

Love that ribbon! You'll look so cute, post pictures will ya?

RBH

Bartender
Vintage Betty said:

Thanks,
Vintage Betty

hat_goorin1.JPG
hat_goorin2.JPG
I think it would be a trilby style.

i.e. A Trilby hat (or simply Trilby) is a soft felt men's hat with a narrow brim and a deeply indented crown.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty -- It is also called a "stingy brim," which refers to a fedora with a brim under 2 inches. They are really stylish right now, lots of young guys wearing them and a lot of fashionable gals.

People with slim faces, especially, look good in them.

karol

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
DOUGLAS said:
Same old song.

Douglas, As bolthead would say, "When the music hits you..."

Dinerman, That is superfine to the max. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. I have a feeling I'm going to run out of superlatives before you run out of hats.

Technonut, I like it. I mean, I really LIKE it!

Betty, Your new old stock is exciting. How about a picture of you in it?

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Remember....you asked for it

Definately not one of my more flattering photos. Here I am at dinner tonight.

betty1.JPG

Thanks for the hat indentification everyone! I am so proud of myself - I feel like I have passed a "Fedora Lounge" test because I identified this as a "modern reproduced stingy brim" when asked about this a couple nights ago.

K.D. Lightner - as you can see, I don't have a slim face, so this isn't the best hat for me...but I have fun wearing it.

deanglen - I posted twice before, but there was no response at all. :cry: An anonymous Lounger convinced me to post again.

J.T.Marcus - These are low-end repros and should not be confused with the authentic high end hats or good quality vintage hats here on the lounge. They retail for $60 or so, and I got mine for half that price in San Diego. If anyone is interested, the thrift store had a bunch of them, all new with tags. PM me and I'll look around to find the receipt with the store name on it.

Cheers everyone-

Vintage Betty

Islander1961

New in Town
fatwoul said:
I was going to PM you some instructions on how to do that, but then I realised I couldn't cos you're too new. :eusa_doh:

Try to get yourself an account with Imageshack or Photobucket or one of these image hosting sites like that. Once you've got it, if you need a hand putting the images on there and onto here, drop me a line via the email address on my homepage (which you can find in my profile).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the offer of assistance, you're a gentleman. Will get busy on the image hosting business soon.

Cheers
Islander

fatwoul

Practically Family
deanglen said:
Is it just me, or are females posting more often in this thread!...

Not just this thread, but this part of the site. It's definitely an improvement.

Islander1961 said:
Thanks for the offer of assistance, you're a gentleman. Will get busy on the image hosting business soon...

Looking forward to it. :)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty, Looking good! I'm glad I asked for it. By the way, just about everybody here has a few cheap contemporary hats, and just about everybody here has made a post (or started a thread) which got zero response. Glad you're here. :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az