Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imported_kevin

New in Town
What's the difference?

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Stetson Saxon and the Dobbs Dayton — besides labels?
They are both made by the same company and, to me, they appear identical. Any thoughts?

theinterchange

One Too Many
5021058500_62bf674774_z.jpg

My new Stetson straw Whippet!

We have quite a bit of rain in today's forecast, glad I'm home before it hits.

Randy

Mr E Train

One Too Many
kevin said:
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Stetson Saxon and the Dobbs Dayton — besides labels?
They are both made by the same company and, to me, they appear identical. Any thoughts?

I would post that the Ask a Question, Get an Answer thread. This thread is for people posting what hat they're wearing today. With that out of the way, welcome to the Lounge!

Duper

Practically Family
Congrats on the new Whippet Interchange. Like the song says "Whippet, Whippet good".

Dave E. The fawn Fed IV, a personal favourite of mine. Very nice. IMHO the best colour in the Fed IV stable of hats.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

theinterchange

One Too Many
Duper said:
Congrats on the new Whippet Interchange. Like the song says "Whippet, Whippet good".

Dave E. The fawn Fed IV, a personal favourite of mine. Very nice. IMHO the best colour in the Fed IV stable of hats.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thank you!

I agree that the fawn Federations are fantastic looking hats. What's really interesting is that my fawn Regular is smoother and nicer feeling than my brown Deluxe.

Randy

Kreissaege

One of the Regulars
Because its cool, cloudy and drizzling, my tweed cap from Hanna Hats:
25092010006_ji_cr.jpg

Because have a lot of gardening to do today, namely digging in all these stones and seriously cutting back a way-too-large neophyte in the neighbors garden
25092010001.jpg

25092010003_ji.jpg

it will be this one of many berets I own:
25092010002_ji.jpg

And, because I still dont feel like leaving the warm room to work in the rain, here is a pic of my choice of headgear on a most recent one-week-hike:
The Tilley T3, because its the most practical, versatile hat I own (and it beats any Akubra in pure practicability) and the beret because I still like something more stylish and it has this and the benefit of being warm and cosy when the temperature drops:
P5300904_cr.jpg

Read about the trip here:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57645&highlight=

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Seems like Beret weather in Europa!

I've got exactly the 'same idea' there and find I'm wearing my old vintage beret much more than any other headwear these days (just because it's so easy to roll up into my pocket and pull out when I need it! Plus, it's as stylish with a leather jacket and jeans as with a Palm Beach 30's suit!!).

BERET002-1.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Redwoodjedi said:
What has become my signature lid. The Stetson Custom Lord Cavendish.

63814_1202461038087_1725447886_355333_3197939_n.jpg

Cheers,

RJ;)
RJ, you definitely have the Hemingway thing going on there, sir, more than anyone else I have seen on this board. I enjoy your pics.

DRB

One Too Many
d'guy, there it is! I have been waiting for you to post a pic of that hat again. I really like it, especially the color scheme. Please, could you tell us the specs on the hat again? It looks like you have been able to keep the crown slightly low. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg