Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
150719541 said:
2194503260106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Remember motorcicle times and my stetson firenze
;) ;) ;)
That looks cool. Normally in my opinion you're better in stingy brims, but that wider brim works well. Some of your light colored hats also look good on you in the wider brim.

One Too Many
Thanks ¡¡¡¡

danofarlington said:
That looks cool. Normally in my opinion you're better in stingy brims, but that wider brim works well. Some of your light colored hats also look good on you in the wider brim.
I have some stingy and widw brim hats, I like dress any, do not favourite brim or color, in same the straw hats.;) ;) ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
What a wonderful thing to say here metropd!! Does this also apply to women? *sniff* Hm, now where is where is MY straw Bailey fedora??

metropd said:
Stunning hat! When is it from? who is the maker? Congrats on the weight loss.;) I am sorry to hear of your divorce.:( I wish you all the best. Just remain positive and optimistic, it will keep you young and your spirit fresh.

Any man who wears that straight of a crown, and a brim that flatters a dashing face so well, is a strong, and ingenious gentleman who can face adversity triumphantly in grand grace and style.

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
metropd said:
Stunning hat! When is it from? who is the maker? Congrats on the weight loss.;) I am sorry to hear of your divorce.:( I wish you all the best. Just remain positive and optimistic, it will keep you young and your spirt fresh.

Any man who wears that straight of a crown, and a brim that flatters a dashing face so well, is a strong, and ingenious gentleman who can face adversity triumphantly in grand grace and style.

I'm flattered and overwhelmed. Thank you! The hat is a 1982 Stetson custom made and the model is called the Lord Cavendish. It is by far my favorite hat because of the wonderful pre WWII lines and shape. The mid to late 30's yielded the most beautiful hats in my opinion.

As far as staying young, I will do as best I can for a guy about to turn 44. I have never been called dashing before. I thought words like that were pretty much relegated to Bogey, Sinatra or Carey Grant.

Thanks again for the kindness,

RJ;)

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Temperature is climbing today, so back to straw. Today it's a modern-era Stetson Hampton that I just picked up on ebay:

5017832645_989ea18761.jpg

The color is Olive, but it can appear to be brown or gray depending on the light.

Torpedo

One Too Many
MetroPD, always the dapper gentleman!
150719541, I think both stingies and larger brims suit you well.
Zetwtal, that one is definitely GREAT.
DGuy, I agree you sport your stingies very well. Nice to see felts are coming...

Well done everybody!

theinterchange

One Too Many
Torpedo said:
MetroPD, always the dapper gentleman!
150719541, I think both stingies and larger brims suit you well.
Zetwtal, that one is definitely GREAT.
DGuy, I agree you sport your stingies very well. Nice to see felts are coming...

Well done everybody!

Couldn't say it better 'm self! :eusa_clap

Randy

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Even though Aureliano's success almost inspired me go with a Playboy, it just felt more like a Stratoliner kind of day. It's sunny again and I'll probably stay with this one (another 40s era) for the next few days running.

6f9eb691-1.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Great hats everyone!
Love that Stratoliner Zet!!!

This afternoon I am wearing my brand new just delievered out if the box Art Fawcett
milan.
Boy I gotta say I love it.:eusa_clap
Great job Art :eusa_clap :eusa_clap and I will post more about it tonight in Arts thread!!!

And let me say it was great talking to you this afternoon Art!!!

art006e.jpg

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
zetwal said:
Redwoodjedi, those are really wonderful photographs ... :cool2:

Thanks! They are just taken with my laptop webcam on my Dell Studio. It takes surprisingly good pics with a pretty handy color and tone adjuster that allows you to adjust it live before snapping the pic. It's a lot of fun. The folks on Facebook are probably sick of me as I change my profile pic about once or twice a day.

RJ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az