Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
ccajackson said:
Great hat - it works well overall! I am a particular fan of the ribbon. My lone Panama hat (for now!) has a band like yours - no bow but a knot - and I really like the simplicity and the style. That aesthetic is pulled off beautifully in your hat. The matching bound edge works wonderfully.

Great look for the day!

Cheers!

C-C

Thanks C-C! It was the unusualness of the ribbon & the bound edge that first caught my eye with this one too.

theinterchange said:
Interesting that your Beaver Brand is rough to the touch, the Keppler/Beaver Brand Indy fedora that I owned for a few years was very soft to the touch. Nice hat, but I hardly wore it for a while so it was sold to pay for part of the latest Akubra I bought.

Randy

Randy: I suppose when I say rough I mean rougher to the touch than any of my vintage lids. There is more knap or texture to the felt, but it is soft, just not silky under the fingertip. If that makes any sense.

Cheers!

Dan

SteveAS

Practically Family
Joshbru3 said:
The more I look at the thin ribbon, the more im starting to like it.

That was my reaction when I got my first thin ribbon. The more I wear thin ribbons, the more I like them. I particularly like them with more casual weekend attire.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I wore this one yesterday (and again today). It's a rollable 40s era Borsalino Trionfo. Very thin and comfortable. The attention to detail is really special, and it's in great condition. Nice hat. Originally sold out of a store in Roma. :)

0321efc9.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Neo. :) It was a bit dark and rainy when I took the pic. And though it's hard to tell in these lighting conditions, the finish is really fantastic.

theinterchange

One Too Many
DanielJones said:
Randy: I suppose when I say rough I mean rougher to the touch than any of my vintage lids. There is more knap or texture to the felt, but it is soft, just not silky under the fingertip. If that makes any sense.

Cheers!

Dan

Makes perfect sense. My Beaver Brand seemed to tighten with use and became quite smooth to the touch, but not silky or to be confused with vintage.

Randy

RobStC

A-List Customer
zetwal said:
I wore this one yesterday (and again today). It's a rollable 40s era Borsalino Trionfo. Very thin and comfortable. The attention to detail is really special, and it's in great condition. Nice hat. Originally sold out of a store in Roma. :)

0321efc9.jpg

Looks like a beautiful Borso, Zetwal. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'll be in Rome myself in a few weeks time, but I strongly doubt I'll see any hats as nice as that one. Just lovely.....

RobStC

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
RobStC said:
I'll be in Rome myself in a few weeks time, but I strongly doubt I'll see any hats as nice as that one.

You too are going to Italy. Man I wish I was. I've never been to Italy and would really love to go one day. :)

It is a really nice hat. They sure don't make then like this anymore.

To answer your question, Aureliano. The felt and sweatband (and even the liner for that matter) are very thin. There is no reed and the hat is easy to fold. I've packed it on two or three occasions with no bad effects.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mayserwegener said:
1930s Echter Borsalino

5014101602_5272f2c469_z.jpg
If you ever see some of those super and vintage Borsalinos (or similar makes) in a 7 1/8, I would be very interested to hear. You come up with a lot of interesting and enviable European hats. And who wouldn't want that color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bootsyd