Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Lefty said:
I handed my camera to a guy at the Settlers festival and decided, for the first time, to instruct the person on how to zoom and what to push. The one guy I choose to instruct - the owner of the largest school photo company in the state. :eusa_doh:

I didn't know he was a pro until, as he took our photos, he said "chin up". No one says that but those school/family portrait guys.

Ouch! That had to be embarrassing! :eusa_doh:

I made the mistake of leaving it on one of the manual modes [I normally shoot in P with my Canon] instead of auto, which I normally do when having someone else use the camera.

Randy

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I'm breaking it in, OK?

BGCD again.

bgcampdraft092110.jpg

And a top view just to show that it's a C-crown and not a shallow center dent.

bgcdtop.jpg

ccajackson

Familiar Face
DanielJones said:
My first real Fedora purchase. Im not sure of the model, but it is a Beaver Brand. Bought it in a little place called Heads Up in Virginia City, Nevada back in mid 2004. I think I paid a whole $40 for it. They had a $60 price tag on it and knocked another $20 off. I suppose they were looking to make room for new inventory. It did a fair job out in the snow when I was on a couple of Land Surveying Projects up by Lake Tahoe in the middle of winter.
It's a bit rough to the touch, but it makes a great knock around hat. Nothing too dressy. The sweatband is a fiber material, but surprisingly comfortable.

100_5742.jpg

Liner
100_5733.jpg

It just felt right today.

Cheers!

Dan
Great hat - it works well overall! I am a particular fan of the ribbon. My lone Panama hat (for now!) has a band like yours - no bow but a knot - and I really like the simplicity and the style. That aesthetic is pulled off beautifully in your hat. The matching bound edge works wonderfully.

Great look for the day!

Cheers!

C-C

theinterchange

One Too Many
DanielJones said:
My first real Fedora purchase. Im not sure of the model, but it is a Beaver Brand. Bought it in a little place called Heads Up in Virginia City, Nevada back in mid 2004.

Cheers!

Dan

Interesting that your Beaver Brand is rough to the touch, the Keppler/Beaver Brand Indy fedora that I owned for a few years was very soft to the touch. Nice hat, but I hardly wore it for a while so it was sold to pay for part of the latest Akubra I bought.

Randy

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1960's Champ Open Road...Rebashed

I'm wearing my new-to-me 1960's Champ open road style fedora. It has a 2 inch bound brim, extremely soft "silver-belly" fur felt, and a thin ribbon. Its my first thin ribbon. I'm not sure if i'm going to keep the thin ribbon or put a thick one that matches the brim edging color. This hat needed a lot of work when I got it this weekend. More before and after pics in the dedicated Champ thread.

DSC04042.jpg

DSC04041.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Josh, That style suits you well. An older hat that fits right into todays modern society. Where on earth did you dig that one up? Beautiful.

Steve: You know I am a sucker for a Borsalino. A 1930s Echter? Wow.

Rodkins: Good choice of Akubras. I like the black/charcoal on you. Lately I have developed a new appreciation for the black hats, in fact, I have a black Borsalino coming soon. Thanks for showing me one color option for clothing to wear.

And finally metropd: I find that most women like a well dressed man. I see you have found that out as well. lookin' good hollywood!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Mr E Train said:
BGCD again.

bgcampdraft092110.jpg

And a top view just to show that it's a C-crown and not a shallow center dent.

bgcdtop.jpg

Great looking hat Mr. E, and I really like the crown. Its kind of like a c-crown mixed with a shallow porkpie. Im diggin it.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
DRB said:
Went for a bike ride along Lake Champlain in Burlington, VT. I came across a stonehenge looking display. It can be used as a clock, as a calendar, and as a compass. Here is my friend showing that it is 3:45pm by the shadow he threw.
Here I am up high in a wheelchair accessible treehouse.
201009190037.jpg

Lakeside of Lake Champlain. They have a wonderful bikepath that skirts the lake for more than 30 miles. Beautiful.
201009190040.jpg

Some old guy agreed to pose with me.
201009190042.jpg

Wow DRB, those are some beautiful outdoor pictures and that Panizza Ediston really looks great in the sunlight. I have a couple grey hats that get washed out in the sun, but that Panizza Ediston really has a nice shade of grey. The brim length looks great on you too.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane said:
Keep the thin one please.....
Mr E Train said:
theinterchange said:
:arated: Do keep it as it looks fantastic on this hat.

Well Michaelshane, Mr E Train, and theinterchange, I think I will keep the thin ribbon. The ribbon is in perfect shape and I hate to change an authentic 60's champ "open road" if I dont have too. The more I look at the thin ribbon, the more im starting to like it.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
DRB said:
Josh, That style suits you well. An older hat that fits right into todays modern society. Where on earth did you dig that one up? Beautiful.
150719541 said:
Great hats on lounge, Steve and Josh, really a beautiful hats ¡¡¡¡
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks for the compliments 150719541 & DRB!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bootsyd