Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Warbaby

One Too Many
Not particularly vintage, just another of my efforts at dressing well on the cheap.

R_pink1.jpg

Midnight blue Givinchy blazer (thrift store, $3.99)
Pink custom-made cotton shirt (thrift store, $1.99)
Pink/grey/navy striped silk tie (thrift store, $0.50)
Grey wool Marks & Spencer trousers (thrift store, 2.99)
Florsheim shoes, nearly new (church rummage sale, $1.99)
Vintage gold-filled and blue glass cufflinks ($2.00, antique shop)
Vintage Elgin gold-filled wrist watch (eBay, $6.99)

Total cost: $20.49 (I usually try to keep my outfits under 20 bucks, but that expensive vintage watch put it over the top...)

R_pink2.jpg

R_pink3.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Very SHARP Warbaby- at any price! Love the shoes:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Warbaby said:
Not particularly vintage, just another of my efforts at dressing well on the cheap.

R_pink1.jpg

Midnight blue Givinchy blazer (thrift store, $3.99)
Pink custom-made cotton shirt (thrift store, $1.99)
Pink/grey/navy striped silk tie (thrift store, $0.50)
Grey wool Marks & Spencer trousers (thrift store, 2.99)
Florsheim shoes, nearly new (church rummage sale, $1.99)
Vintage gold-filled and blue glass cufflinks ($2.00, antique shop)
Vintage Elgin gold-filled wrist watch (eBay, $6.99)

Total cost: $20.49 (I usually try to keep my outfits under 20 bucks, but that expensive vintage watch put it over the top...)

R_pink2.jpg

R_pink3.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
GENE- YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! I'm sure your vintage look including the great hat and TIE will be much appreciated. What a a wonderful example of a sharp dressed man you'll giving the H.S. boys! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene said:
Ready to head out to work at an all-night grad' party. Vintage everything except the slacks and the undies. Hat is a Dobbs. :)

DSC_0001.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Wow, to be in Nice in May... sigh. You look like you really fit in and belong there Paddy! Is the water warm for swimming there?? I'm a swimmer, but just in the lap pool at the local YMCA. Is your swimsuit vintage, dear? Can't wait to see more pics...

PADDY said:
Just a quick one as I'm in transit. This morning in Nice on my 0600h morning swim before the sun gets too hot, just off the Promenade des Anglais (French Riviera). More to come and write up on my return.

NICEFRANCE09146.jpg

CLICK PICS to ENLARGE (please) ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thanks Scotrace and GrantFan...

I'm so proud of our little guy, and he's kinda a celebrity now with this pic hitting the newspaper! I sent an email attachment of the pic to my Dad in AZ and some friends. Our deco pianist friend Frederick said he wants Daniel's autograph:) ...

Grant Fan said:
Oh my goodness I am in love with this photo

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
congrats on your graduation. and Happy Bday too! What grade are you looking to teach? You still have a year of subbing to do next, right?

Grant Fan said:
So Saturday the 23rd was my 23rd birthday and my graduation. I now I have my Masters degree in Teaching.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
AtomicEraTom said:
A might more 50s greaser look, the pics from a couple weeks ago at the Automotion Car show at the Wisconsin Dells. Lots of pics at my facebook for anybody interested in old cars.

Dickies work shirt, Fruit of the Loom Tee (as always), Blue Jeans, and Brahama Work Boots.

memorialdayandautomotion028.jpg
[/IMG]
Wow, Tom, when I first saw that pic I thought you might be in front of the cop car from Amboy, on Route 66 just down the road from me! Then I noticed there were more than 10 people (and there are trees!) and realized it couldn't have been! lol

77246097.a7nKuJyo.192AmboyPoliceFire.jpg

Roy's is a sweet 1950's diner on 66 in Amboy, a town made famous by being put up for auction on eBay (with no buyers).

roys.jpg

They have another sweet police car that sits in front of the Cafe a lot, too.

2855375306_9d596b94e2.jpg

For you movie buffs, Roy's was also used in the filming of The Hitcher.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I don't have much in the way of a 'summer wardrobe' right now, but I'm working on it. Here's my attempt for today:

DSC09690.jpg

Modern linen suit, detachable collar, red patterned bow, Olney boater.

This was the first time I've worn my boater out and about. I got a lot of looks, and several comments. Definitly a good day out. Plus it's the first genuinley nice day we've had in a few weeks (i.e., sun, warm, and no wind).

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
GWD said:
web.jpg

My youngest and me on the way to the Girl Scout Daddy Daughter Prom.

worth a repeat. Wonderful picture Gary. Please post this one in the hat section, I bet the fellas would get a kick out of it:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82