Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

I'd love to do that, but two things stop me Skeet. Dress code requires me to wear a red vest/white shirt or a red polo shirt. Secondly, the loading dock is a filthy job and it would be awful to ruin my good clothes on that dang dock.

Not to mention, I have to dress as a floor-associate would. Only Salary (Store Coaches as the PC world has named them) can wear nice clothes.

Off-the-job, I'd say the rest of your crowd is begging for an appropriate attitude-laced response:

"This is who and what I am. You got a problem with it or me, you know what to do and where to do it--kneel down and pucker up..."

Or, "Why are you always such a slob?"

Note, not everyone has the attitude to carry this off.

----------------
Now playing: Jerry Goldsmith - Chest Pains
via FoxyTunes

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
AtomicEraTom said:
I'd love to do that, but two things stop me Skeet. Dress code requires me to wear a red vest/white shirt or a red polo shirt. Secondly, the loading dock is a filthy job and it would be awful to ruin my good clothes on that dang dock.

Not to mention, I have to dress as a floor-associate would. Only Salary (Store Coaches as the PC world has named them) can wear nice clothes.

Hmmmm. Sigh. Is there a loading dock nearby where you can dress in nice, clean, starchy coveralls? If not now: there will be. Hang in there! Hey: you probably look pretty good in a red vest... :eusa_clap Remember: it could be worse...they could be forcing you to wear a one-size-fits-none plastic ball cap...:eek:

"Skeet"

WH1

Practically Family
AtomicEraTom said:
I've found my vintage attire very toned-down, after verbal abuse from both family and friends (not to mention strangers) about how I need to get with the times and not be so dressed up all the time. I dress always in a collared shirt and nice pants or jeans, but I'm currently looking for a more casual fedora-type hat, as well as a panama of some sort. But as a small-town loading dock manager, there really isn't much reason for me to wear a suit for anything. But it is for that very reason I'm trying to find a job that allows me to wear a suit for work.

Tell your family and friends to lighten up. The only reason you need is because you want to look good, if it satisfies you what is it to them. Does it make them self conscious.
My great grandfather was a Nebraska Cattle Rancher his entire life and dressed as such but on friday and saturday nights he was dressed to the nines in a tailored suit and went dancing. (He lost my great grandmother at a young age and didnt remarry until much later). By all accounts he cut quite the figure. Even though he was a rancher, my grandmother says he always had his suits tailored and dressed well, she says that is wear I get it from.lol
As I have gotten older I have found more reasons to wear a suit and dress better. My wife and I make our own occaisions and it satisfies us and hurts no one else. Be confident in your self and the way you dress.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Today I wore this...
Vintage 80's (probably) DB suit. Pattern is a black micro-houndstooth on grey. I altered the original 6x1 button configuration to a 4x2 which I like better.
Vintage (50's) tie.
Modern custom Vintage Silhouettes navy blue fedora; navy blue ribbon with a red accent (which coordinates with the red tie).
Modern shirt and shoes.

DSCN1044.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

Regards!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Mullet? Do you mean the gentleman standing next to Daniel in the WWI uniform? If so, he doesn't have a mullet, his hair is maybe kind of longish right now as he also does Regency events. Last two times I saw him before this his hair was short. I walked and talked with him from the ceremony site to the restaurant we all went to (in The Presidio) for lunch, funny that never I noticed his hair was long. Just noticed he was a very polite gentleman that was quite knowledgeable about vintage attire from many periods, utterly charming and handsome.

BellyTank said:
If it wasn't for the mullet.

B
T

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Gorgeous Torpedo dear!! Love that dimpled grin of yours, boy you sure look like a gentlemen who is content and comfortable with his clothing style.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Torpedo said:
Today I wore this...
Vintage 80's (probably) DB suit. Pattern is a black micro-houndstooth on grey. I altered the original 6x1 button configuration to a 4x2 which I like better.
Vintage (50's) tie.
Modern custom Vintage Silhouettes navy blue fedora; navy blue ribbon with a red accent (which coordinates with the red tie).
Modern shirt and shoes.

DSCN1044.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

Regards!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
dress for the CA Pops Orchestra's Dress Rehearsal tonight...

The Flying Karamazov Brothers are coming!!! They join the Pops for performances this Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.

Was volunteering this morning at the Pops Conductor's house, helping his wife (the Pops Business Mgr. and she's also one of the cellists) with office/ticket stuff all morning. Even did their dishes and a little clean up in the kitchen for 'em to help out. As a Pops volunteer, I'm a Jane-of-all trades! Over there I had on a RL linen shirt and jeans with flat shoes.

This evening at the dress rehearsal I'm wearing a repeat, the dress I wore for Easter Sunday, and one my favorite dresses. Bought years ago at Nordys, a flowing, ankle length silk chiffon print sleeveless dress. No hat or gloves for this evening- but it will be chilly by the end of the rehearsal so the lavender pashmina shawl goes with. Here's the pic of my wearing this dress and shawl from Easter, in this shot I'm playing peek-a-boo in my Easter bonnet:
361205546.jpg

Been gearing up what to wear for the upcoming weekend's performances. Will wear a silk with beading full length evening gown at each concert, like I've usually done all season thus far except for the April "Best of the Big Bands" concerts. To those two I wore vintage. Most likely the periwinkle chiffon gown on Sat. and the orange-red and brown burn out and charmeuse gown on Sun. Or I may switch it around... Will get pics taken for sure...

Grant Fan

Practically Family
cherry lips said:
I love it when the girls post here!
Darhling, you always look immaculate. How is little Grisling?
Grant Fan you're sweeter than cupcake! I love those specs :)
Fleur that sweater is precious, and a lovely color too.

Thanks so much and I deffinately have new favorite complement that is fabulous. I am going to have to remember that. And the Sunglasses are from Old Navy belive it or not.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
So Saturday the 23rd was my 23rd birthday and my graduation. I now I have my Masters degree in Teaching. But anyway I wanted to try to look vintage for graduation, a hard task while in a black robe. But when I was walking around some kinda creepy guy did ask if he could take my picture :eusa_doh: and then told me I that I looked like I belonged on the nose of a WW2 airplane. That made my day even better, but he didn't get the picture.
Ok so here is the dress,I cut my head out because I had just taken my cap off and hadn't fixed my hair form being smashed.
Grad09001.jpg

Facebook.jpg

and a full body with my mom and nephew

Grad09012.jpg
[/B]

Yeah, I'm hoping to get off the loading dock and into something more professional. Luckily once my dad gets his business back up and going here in town, I won't have to worry about this anymore as we're hoping to expand regional and hopefully national and I will be working for him, then I'll get to wear vintage suits every day of my life as God intended.

And there is no way they'd get a one size fits all ball cap on this guy. You don't cover a pomadour as glorious as mine, except with a fedora haha :)

[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]Hmmmm. Sigh. Is there a loading dock nearby where you can dress in nice, clean, starchy coveralls? If not now: there will be. Hang in there! Hey: you probably look pretty good in a red vest... :eusa_clap Remember: it could be worse...they could be forcing you to wear a one-size-fits-none plastic ball cap...:eek:

"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

Bugsy

One Too Many
As a career teacher myself, I offer you my heartiest congratulations and welcome to a most honorable profession.\

Grant Fan said:
So Saturday the 23rd was my 23rd birthday and my graduation. I now I have my Masters degree in Teaching. But anyway I wanted to try to look vintage for graduation, a hard task while in a black robe. But when I was walking around some kinda creepy guy did ask if he could take my picture :eusa_doh: and then told me I that I looked like I belonged on the nose of a WW2 airplane. That made my day even better, but he didn't get the picture.
Ok so here is the dress,I cut my head out because I had just taken my cap off and hadn't fixed my hair form being smashed.
Grad09001.jpg

Facebook.jpg

and a full body with my mom and nephew

Grad09012.jpg
[/B]

Panache

A-List Customer
May I also offer my congratulations Grant Fan.

I must say that the graduation robe is not the most flattering of garments but you manage to still look stunning

Cheers

Jamie

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Today.

Just a quick one as I'm in transit. This morning in Nice on my 0600h morning swim before the sun gets too hot, just off the Promenade des Anglais (French Riviera). More to come and write up on my return.

NICEFRANCE09146.jpg

CLICK PICS to ENLARGE (please) ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82