Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
p1100244.jpg

Shoes + mispressed cuffs:
p1100249.jpg

Bonus shot:
p1100252.jpg

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Last week at a beach wedding in South Carolina:

127-2731_IMG-1.jpg

Cheapie Ecuador Ventilated Straw Hat
Polo 2 gold button Navy Blazer
Yellow tonal stripe shirt in Butter Yellow
Yellow silk pocket square
Dunhill Seersuker pants
White Polo socks
White split toe bucs

-right hand, RyJ Regalias de Londres
-on table, Evan Williams Single Barrel Bourbon
I like to accessorize.... :)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
too cute Crazyd, would love to see you in a lined white eyelet skirt or white capris with these red shoes and polka dot top! If summer has come to the UK, does that mean all the David Austin English roses are in bloom??

crazydaisy said:
Finally summer has come to the UK.
3559655477_b10fcae123_b.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Fabulous outfit NickD!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap I just looked up her website- great patterns. Love this for a 40s mens' look besides the ubiquitous vintage 40s DB pinstripe suit.

Nick D said:
Just finished this EvaDress pattern jacket, mid-40s 'Battle Jacket'. The trousers are from the '34 EvaDress pattern. Radiac collar, Tootal tie, unmarked hat.

DSC09663.jpg

DSC09665.jpg

I'll put more pics and info about the jacket in the 'Show us what you've made' thread.

Cheers,
Nick

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Very sharp rmrdaddy!! Good show, I hope some of the other guests besides yourself were suitably attired for the wedding.

rmrdaddy said:
Last week at a beach wedding in South Carolina:

127-2731_IMG-1.jpg

Cheapie Ecuador Ventilated Straw Hat
Polo 2 gold button Navy Blazer
Yellow tonal stripe shirt in Butter Yellow
Yellow silk pocket square
Dunhill Seersuker pants
White Polo socks
White split toe bucs

-right hand, RyJ Regalias de Londres
-on table, Evan Williams Single Barrel Bourbon
I like to accessorize.... :)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
YES,YES, YES!!! I looove to see pink shirts on gentlemen! Wonderful SP, great shoes too, what brand are they?? I think I've read previously you wear sock garters (I hope I'm remembering that correctly), where can one find them?

Slim Portly said:
Real men wear pink.

DSC05171-CROP.jpg

DSC05187-CROP.jpg

DSC05184-CROP.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
too cute Crazyd, would love to see you in a lined white eyelet skirt or white capris with these red shoes and polka dot top! If summer has come to the UK, does that mean all the David Austin English roses are in bloom??

That does sound good! Would it be good in reality though? I have been trying to keep away from white in the bottom half of my body because I am narrow shouldered and trying very hard to look proportionate rather than pear shaped. Also I LOVE CAPRIS, but I have thick ankles!:( What is to be done then?

I have to confess I have no idea about the roses :eek: I'll have to look into that.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:

:eek:fftopic: My roses aren't out yet, June is usually when they all come out over here. No idea about David Austin though!

I have to agree that you look super cute Daisy!

All the chaps look absolutely marvellous as always. :eusa_clap

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
Fabulous outfit NickD!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap I just looked up her website- great patterns. Love this for a 40s mens' look besides the ubiquitous vintage 40s DB pinstripe suit.

Thanks, chanteuseCarey. I've been wanting to include some more casual outfits in my wardrobe, and was inspired by the posts here.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I love it when the girls post here!
Darhling, you always look immaculate. How is little Grisling?
Grant Fan you're sweeter than cupcake! I love those specs :)
Fleur that sweater is precious, and a lovely color too.
Picture003.jpg

Picture007.jpg

3551972859_2f03536775.jpg

A might more 50s greaser look, the pics from a couple weeks ago at the Automotion Car show at the Wisconsin Dells. Lots of pics at my facebook for anybody interested in old cars.

Dickies work shirt, Fruit of the Loom Tee (as always), Blue Jeans, and Brahama Work Boots.

memorialdayandautomotion028.jpg
[/IMG]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
ensemble for Memorial Day

We all went today to the Memorial Day Ceremonies at the Presidio in San Francisco. Hubby Chuck and son Daniel were in their WWII uniforms participating with other uniformed members of BAWMHRS (Bay Area Womens' and Mens' Historical Representation Society). Daughter Sarah and I (both dressed vintage 40s) sat in the front row with two other ladies of the group, the four of us representing women on the home front.

I'd been saving this particular vintage 40s hat for just the right occasion, I wore it with my 40s pattern crocheted snood recently made for me by FL member CherryRed.

40s Vintage pieces:
hat with ostrich feathers
AO eyeglasses
clip earrings
gabardine jacket with halo buttons, and trapunto stitching on collar and pockets
rayon red dress w/ blue and white print
blue jeweled dress clip
navy blue wrist gloves
WWII era double face nurse's watch
WWII US Army sterling sweetheart bracelet, that came in its original box- dated December 1943
red crocodile purse (not shown in this pic)
365333786.jpg
365333803.jpg

365333803.jpg

365333794.jpg

365333378.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82