Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Thanks everyone for your kind words!

ChanteuseCarey, no I have not cut my hair short, I just felt would look better to have it up for that outfit (it's caught up at the back), and also it was not that clean anymore! :)

Fleur, you look always stunning and every time I see a photo of you I cannot help but admire and covet your grace. You're a swan!
Also, it's fantastic how good you look in those cool shades - is that what one would call icy pastels? - it makes one become more aware of the importance of discovering the right shade, something I keep thinking about since I've read the "colour combinations" thread.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
3510999914_eb3fa56d18.jpg
3510999882_5290c1c5ae.jpg

Man, thats some serious style!

LD

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Wow, pink is the way forward! You look smashing, Slim Portly!

By the way, is there a thread out there to teach me how to properly fold a handkerchief?

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Just finished this EvaDress pattern jacket, mid-40s 'Battle Jacket'. The trousers are from the '34 EvaDress pattern. Radiac collar, Tootal tie, unmarked hat.

DSC09663.jpg

DSC09665.jpg

I'll put more pics and info about the jacket in the 'Show us what you've made' thread.

Cheers,
Nick

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Thank you, everyone. Yes Mark, it was only this past week that I truly felt fully recovered. It's funny how wanting to look good for one's friends can inspire. Crazydaisy, one of the links in the thread that Gene pointed you to was where I first learned how to properly fold a pocket square. Usually I do as in the picture with the flower and the cufflinks and then fold up the bottom and tuck it into my breast pocket just as you see it there.

Panache

A-List Customer
Mary said:
I an admirerer! You're so stylish. I love this non-flirty look on you. (Nothing wrong with a flirty style either, you understand me don't you.)

You don't find these wonderful pictures of Crazy Daisy flirty? :)

Cheers

Jamie

crazydaisy

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene, thanks for the link.
SlimPortly, that's a good tip about folding the pocket square. Thank you.

Nick D, those colours are wonderful on you, and your head in that hat with the pipe - worth a painting!
3556599335_43a7560803_o.jpg
Wish I had the sense of colour of some people here! The hope resides in the fact that some things can be learned.:)

Mary, I know what you mean. I am one of the most lacking in sex appeal people that I know, but that's how it is, gotta live with that lol. Since it doesn't come naturally I don't try very hard to "do" sexy/flirty - if I do try it ends up looking wacky cause I start pulling faces, or is just forced.
But then again this is a subjective matter. What is flirty or sexy to one is not to another. But yes, mainstream flirty is not for me.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Friday Night-
I was asked to bring along my cowboy hats to add to the atmosphere for the release of the new album, "Americana Express" by Ruthie and the Wranglers

IMG_6277.jpg

IMG_6616.jpg

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
Just browsed through the past 15 or so pages in this thread...you guys are an excellent source of inspiration, thanks for that!

By the way....

crazydaisy said:
Mary, I know what you mean. I am one of the most lacking in sex appeal people that I know, but that's how it is, gotta live with that lol. Since it doesn't come naturally I don't try very hard to "do" sexy/flirty.

Well, if this isn't flirty enough I dunno ;) . The gentleman on your side must be very happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82