Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

JennyLou

Practically Family
thunderw21 said:
me127.jpg

Nothing like giving people seizures with my tie.
front003.jpg
Wow, this outfit looks great.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Teabag1927 said:
I also love the shirt, is it collarless ? I can't find a period blue dress shirt for the life of me.

The odds of finding period shirts are few and far between, either they are not the right size, overly expensive. They are out there...just hard to find. Modern producers make repops, just like the at the front and WWII Imp.

Teabag1927

Familiar Face
That's what i mean, i classify a period garment as both being an original or a reproduction of said original pattern, ( right ?), and i just can't find stuff like what the gentleman in the above photos is wearing.

LordBest

Practically Family
What Ho Binkie, no, still in Western Victoria. Dashed cold, but not quite as arctic as Tasmania, thank heavens. My mother knitted the scarf actually, and did a fine job I must say.

What Ho Lord best "Im Guessing you are back in old "Hobart Town" Is that a Harris Scarfe?

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Teabag1927 said:
That's what i mean, i classify a period garment as both being an original or a reproduction of said original pattern, ( right ?), and i just can't find stuff like what the gentleman in the above photos is wearing.

Modern clothing does have certain aspects...such as the curved colla (more common on work wear), and a light blue and white seersucker pattern. I have one original shirt...I was lucky and got off ebay in my size. Spread collars also. Well knowing you for as long as I have...you being the stitch nazi you are...if it aint original it aint nuthin!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
GranadaGuy617 said:
Nice tie thunder! Where did you get your braces?

Thanks, the braces are from Penny's.

Teabag1927 said:
I also love the shirt, is it collarless ? I can't find a period blue dress shirt for the life of me.

Nope, just a regular attached collar shirt. It is from Younkers but is baggy beyond belief, as the photos show. And that's the 'trim' cut! [huh]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
COOL look Fletch, but wouldn't you have been called up for the war?? Or were you already an aircraft worker before Pearl Harbor? Next we need to see ya as an enlisted man in a vintage uniform...

Fletch said:
Peal spectators with baggy blue Carhartts and halibut cap today. Kind of trying for a 40s aircraft worker look.
3587269200_d9fdbb27e1.jpg

3587269468_3da855ee7c.jpg

3586461797_7e5fe6d748.jpg

Peals look sharp but are very, very slow to break in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82