Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular movie opinions...

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
It's probably because I've seen so much of his "oeuvre" (ha ha) I'm used to what passes for logic in a Meyer film. I'm not a "big girls" fan by any means, but Erica Gavin is one of those actresses I find fascinating to watch. Which brings up another tiny point - despite what one may think of his, erm, obsession, he did have a knack for picking interesting-looking actors. Memorable faces, I mean.

Sorry, Rue, after the 30's and 40's, the 70's are my fave period for films (not clothes, though!) (Hey, this thread is for UNpopular movie opinions, after all!) :)

(Any Andy Milligan fans on here, I wonder...?)

Vixen James? Tell me it's not true :eeek:

You like Sexploitation films!? I would have never thought---especially Vixen. "Yes I am arried to this jackass of a pilot but I'll have affairs with every guy who lands here---I'll even flirt with my brother.":eeek::eek::eusa_doh:
It is definitely a 60s hippie film. Oh wait, there is another one trying to get away!
:laser::hippie::mullet: Got him! Too bad the guy with the mullet got it too. :eusa_doh::p

It's probably because I've seen so much of his "oeuvre" (ha ha) I'm used to what passes for logic in a Meyer film. I'm not a "big girls" fan by any means, but Erica Gavin is one of those actresses I find fascinating to watch. Which brings up another tiny point - despite what one may think of his, erm, obsession, he did have a knack for picking interesting-looking actors. Memorable faces, I mean.

Sorry, Rue, after the 30's and 40's, the 70's are my fave period for films (not clothes, though!) (Hey, this thread is for UNpopular movie opinions, after all!) :)

The 70s!?:jaw::faint2::p

rue

You're not offending me, I promise :) After all I like some of Nick Cage's movies and that's not popular.

Shut up James :D

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
The 70s!?:jaw::faint2::p

Golden era for exploitation, sir. Small budgets, big ideas. Guerrilla film-making. Low-brow entertainment. Most everything has been by the book since.

You're not offending me, I promise :) After all I like some of Nick Cage's movies and that's not popular.

Shut up James :D

I'd probably sit through Valley Girl or 8mm...

Perhaps I misread you comment. It looked like you were sticking up for Russ' films.
Even though he grew up one city over and went to school with my aunt, I am not going to stick up for the guy.:rolleyes: I know things about him that many do not because of the "familiarity breeds contempt" thing.:p;)

At the risk of digging the hole deeper, I did read his biography, and he did strike me as a sterling s**t of a human being so nothing would really surprise me there. He's not really someone I'd like to have known.

Golden era for exploitation, sir. Small budgets, big ideas. Guerrilla film-making. Low-brow entertainment. Most everything has been by the book since.

There has been a lot of junk made since then---but that isn't saying much. :rolleyes::eusa_doh:

At the risk of digging the hole deeper, I did read his biography, and he did strike me as a sterling s**t of a human being so nothing would really surprise me there. He's not really someone I'd like to have known.

Well, his father was a policeman who left his mother when he was a child. That left them pretty high and dry. The bum didn't even lend a few bucks one in a while. It had an effect on Russ. He never trusted anyone since and treated people pretty poorly unless they could do something for him. Oh and he was always a Perv. This all from my aunt and uncle who lived down the block from him.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun