Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular movie opinions...

Very true, except for kid films (and even then...)...

I was going to say that children's films are not exactly what we used to watch. The worst we saw was Moe slapping Curly and even then the parents were up in arms about the "violence.":rolleyes:
Children nowadays see violence ten times worse just by playing video games at home. :rolleyes:
[video=youtube;BSBut6YC5dE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSBut6YC5dE[/video]

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I was going to say that children's films are not exactly what we used to watch. The worst we saw was Moe slapping Curly and even then the parents were up in arms about the "violence.":rolleyes:
Children nowadays see violence ten times worse just by playing video games at home. :rolleyes:
[video=youtube;BSBut6YC5dE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSBut6YC5dE[/video]

Let's not be prudish. This is just a game. Some parents let 3 year olds watch Sci-Fi channel.

Last edited:

rue

You owe me 5 1/2 minutes of my life back for the warcraft clip and the Night of the Creeps :p

I was going to say that children's films are not exactly what we used to watch. The worst we saw was Moe slapping Curly and even then the parents were up in arms about the "violence.":rolleyes: Children nowadays see violence ten times worse just by playing video games at home. :rolleyes:

I think that there is a weird disconnect for parents and kids these days. Even as a small child it seemed that I had been taught by my parents and understood that as a polite person in society I would not treat others in a way like I might see on the 3 Stooges, Abbot & Costello, or the Coyote-Roadrunner cartoons. Clearly, there was consequences for such actions and justice would be both swift and terrible.

To paraphrase Dennis Prager: For quite a while now, when kids act out and don't play well with others many parents spend a lot of time trying to "Understand" why kids act out. 'Oh darling why would you want to smack that other kid?' So we have a generation or two of the most well understood inconsiderate savage kids living in society today.

rue

You boys are going to get me in trouble again :p ;)

*Double-Gibbs-slaps JP and Lincsong*
Aww, Rue... please tell me your beef with WarCrap (we agree there) doesn't extend to all computer games... diss StarCraft ("not your bag" I can understand, though) and we might have a problem.

Hi Mr. DB :) Actually I do like some video games, but I get too addicted to play them, sadly enough :rolleyes:

We're even over Nick Cage as a fruity vampire then.:p;)

Yes, we are even James lol

I think that there is a weird disconnect for parents and kids these days. Even as a small child it seemed that I had been taught by my parents and understood that as a polite person in society I would not treat others in a way like I might see on the 3 Stooges, Abbot & Costello, or the Coyote-Roadrunner cartoons. Clearly, there was consequences for such actions and justice would be both swift and terrible.

To paraphrase Dennis Prager: For quite a while now, when kids act out and don't play well with others many parents spend a lot of time trying to "Understand" why kids act out. 'Oh darling why would you want to smack that other kid?' So we have a generation or two of the most well understood inconsiderate savage kids living in society today.

I think it is better to deal with the situation right then and there rather than try to understand it.
It seems Teddy Roosevelt was quite precient 100 years ago when he said:
“To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun