Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular movie opinions...

[video=youtube;quaQRYahPf8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quaQRYahPf8[/video]
:rolleyes:

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
BANG!

What's not to like?:p;)

The Good

Call Me a Cab
If there's a thing I don't like about that scene, it's that it's so often misquoted! But yeah, Dirty Harry's a good series. Some of the best non-western Clint Eastwood roles.

rue

All men love Clint :rolleyes:

Well I love almost all Meg Ryan's movies, except the more serious ones :p

My favorite one:
[video=youtube;96gRJxIGa5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96gRJxIGa5A[/video]

I've watched it so many times I can't count.

I know it's based on the movie Shop Around The Corner, but I still like this version better. I can't help it.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice

Not to mention MASH; The Long Goodbye; Busting; The Silent Partner...

BTW, I thought this and the music thread had every FL member adding their two cents in a passionate debate of the good stuff they hate, but it's mostly "Rue" bumping and re-bumping...you know, like an instigator. :D

rue

Not to mention MASH; The Long Goodbye; Busting; The Silent Partner...

BTW, I thought this and the music thread had every FL member adding their two cents in a passionate debate of the good stuff they hate, but it's mostly "Rue" bumping and re-bumping...you know, like an instigator. :D

Actually, if you'll notice I have help from two others, but my apologies.

Last edited:
The 70's films have a certain sense that is hard to define as they loved to be Twilight Zone like with no fear of things ending badly for the hero or the anti establishment screw the man concept. It echoed the fact that so much infrastructure had worn out and things did not work like they should maybe.

Quinton Tarrentino seems to make 70's style films as a theme.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
The 70's films have a certain sense that is hard to define as they loved to be Twilight Zone like with no fear of things ending badly for the hero or the anti establishment screw the man concept. It echoed the fact that so much infrastructure had worn out and things did not work like they should maybe.

No other period in film history has as many downbeat endings. Chinatown, Night Moves, The Seven Ups, The Godfather Part II, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, The Parallax View, Three Days of the Condor...

In an age when the likes of Shia Lebeouf, Ben Affleck, and those girly vampire boys are thought of as gods, the likes of Sam Peckinpah, Alan J. Pakula, and Arthur Penn are a menacing and refreshing breath of fresh air.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
No other period in film history has as many downbeat endings. Chinatown, Night Moves, The Seven Ups, The Godfather Part II, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, The Parallax View, Three Days of the Condor...

In an age when the likes of Shia Lebeouf, Ben Affleck, and those girly vampire boys are thought of as gods, the likes of Sam Peckinpah, Alan J. Pakula, and Arthur Penn are a menacing and refreshing breath of fresh air.

Once THE CODE was done away with, then you had all these movies where evil triumphs over good. The movie makers just went ape &^%% in making movies that they couldn't in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun