Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Just took this with my iphone....

mail

Donny2guns

Familiar Face
I'll get it eventually I guess. This is my first OR. I own some old Stetsons, a couple of Borso's and I love them but this OR I really really love. Very pliable, I love the wide brim, (wide compared to my stingy brims and Homburgs) I'm really impressed. Looks like a 1960's OR to me. I'll send to optimo next month to get a cleaning, they tell me the Hatters are off most of the month. I have a few hats that will be taking a trip there.

Last edited:

Michaelshane

One Too Many
All the stitching holding the sweat in was rotted,the ribbon and wind string rotted and broken,and two sizes too small.It's a Stetson 100.I kept the liner.The hat looked like it had never been worn,just old.

Chinaski

One Too Many
All the stitching holding the sweat in was rotted,the ribbon and wind string rotted and broken,and two sizes too small.It's a Stetson 100.I kept the liner.The hat looked like it had never been worn,just old.

Ahhh, makes perfect sense. If they re-block two sizes up will it change the brim? Sounds like you're going to get back a great hat to wear.

Donny2guns

Familiar Face
I don't know. I contacted them via email this wknd and Monday I received an email stating that if I sent my hats in that they wouldn't be shipped back to me until the 29th of Jan because the Hatters had most of the month off.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I just reshaped the crown on my OR, she's a beaut, but I may redo the ribbon. I am just not used to such a thin ribbon, it's throwing me off something fierce.

Just as a test, I grabbed some extra ribbon to throw around it, it was like a different hat, needs a new ribbon. Anyone else have this issue? I am curious to hear your thoughts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82