Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I received this Know Westlite "Open Road" last night...
knoxwestlite3.jpg

knoxwestlite2.jpg

The cattlemans crease on this hat did not look right at all (on me) so I rebashed it into this for now...
553243d3.jpg

e9881d2c.jpg

Cross-posted in e-bay wins but I figured this belonged here...

Chinaski

One Too Many
Rodkins, I would have liked to see you post a pic with the original cattleman's crease. I bet you'd get used to that look if you wore it for a while. It seems you will need to buy another OR to find out...

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Rodkins, I would have liked to see you post a pic with the original cattleman's crease. I bet you'd get used to that look if you wore it for a while. It seems you will need to buy another OR to find out...

I should have taken a pic with it before I changed it. I have another one coming today or tomorrow so I'll get one with that. This one just didn't work at all on me.

DougC

Practically Family
Just came home with a Royal Deluxe Open Road with wind chord. $24 in an antique store in Gruene, Texas. Picked it up and told my wife I was buying it and she said "of course you are." very matter of fact...that is a great woman!

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab

Here is a pic with the Stetson that came in this weekend. I'm not a big fan of this look for me or of this particular hat. The moth bites are pretty bad on this one.
a0e86844.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Well you've got the Knox "OR" with fedora crease...I think you wear this one well, but it's your hat.
I'm not going to change the crease on this one...I put it away for awhile and when I feel like practicing my moth damage repair I'll break it back out. Maybe I'll grow to like the crease with time. I'm still very new to the fedora world.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Rodkins, you have to be dressed just the right way for that hat to work on you. If you had a Fu Manchu or something that doesn't look establishment, it would work better. That hat would also with with a suit, preferably rumpled. I think that the brim needs to droop somewhere also, but I'm not sure on that part. Nice hat though.

later

thebroker

One of the Regulars
The black OR pictured in an earlier post has just been listed on eBay. Unfortunately, my thinning hair is making my head smaller, and this lovely hat was a smidge too big to begin with. Every day when I'm selecting my hat for the day, I look over at it and think "gosh, I wish that fit better"...and since it doesn't fit well, I just don't wear it. It's a shame to see such a lovely and rare hat sit on the shelf, so I hope it goes to a good home. I'll use the proceeds to partially fund a new Work of Art!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82