Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Last night I won my very first Open Road (pretty modern, but looks decent).
406080062_o.jpg

Now I am going crazy waiting for it. It has only been a day, and I am dyin' here. It doesn't help that this was such a surprise when I actually won. Now I just want it too show up.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
DougC said:
I like the idea of a modern open road that is shapeable...just sent Meyer the Hatter an e-mail.

I never manage to see the obvious solution. I just sent off an email. We will see what they say.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I got my answer from Meyer the Hatter.

Dear Mr. Danley,

Thank you for your inquiry. We may have shown you one Stetson Open Road felt hat with an open crown that you can shape yourself but we do not have every size. We also have some Borsalino Alessandria felt hats that are similar in style to the Open Road but again, we do not have every size. The Alessandria is made in Italy and sells for $310.00 + $13.00 shipping.

Sincerely,

Paul Meyer

Meyer The Hatter
New Orleans LA USA

Kinda vague, but good salesmanship.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Yeps said:
I got my answer from Meyer the Hatter.

Kinda vague, but good salesmanship.

They replied without really giving an answer yet there was one in there... somewhere. They did have an open crowned OR, then. Interesting stuff, I wish HATCO [member not the company] would pop in here and tell all.

Randy

DougC

Practically Family
my reply was similar--seems the Alexandria is considered the "strada aperta" of Italy. Also goes with the response I got from Paris Hatters when I talked to Abe yesterday about the possibility of a more pliable open road. Anyway, I'm checking out Meyer's when I go to NOLA in February.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Here it is.

Photo12.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Yeah. I love this hat, and now the only hat left on my list is a black homburg for formalwear. (Until I get tails.)

Anyone have a clue of the age? The sweatband is brown, as you should be able to see, and I think it is readed, but it is the more modern, thinner band, and the liner is stitched in, not glued. I don't know how much of that is important, but hey, the more info the better.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Yeps said:
Anyone have a clue of the age? The sweatband is brown, as you should be able to see, and I think it is readed, but it is the more modern, thinner band, and the liner is stitched in, not glued. I don't know how much of that is important, but hey, the more info the better.

I'm thinking very early 1960's.

thespoiler

One of the Regulars
New in Town

Good price.....good buy. I see bids on the big E are going up for quality hats...Could be coming into the season or economy improving for ebay buyers..

Dasmoeturhead

Familiar Face
New Open Road

I don't know where to start. Last week I ordered a brand new 4x Steston Open Road in the silver belly color. I told myself 10 years ago, that when I retired I was going to buy myself my forst Stetson Open Road hat. I have a lot of hats, but never had a Steston. I have worn hats my whole life. My daily hat is a cheap Dorfman Pacific Scala. I have in my closet the hat I got married in 28 years ago. It's a resistol XXX Beaver cowboy style hat. I am so excited about my new hat. I won't get it for another week ,and it's killing me. I plan on wearing it Truman style right out of the box, as I already have a couple of Fedora styles, so I don't plan on bashing it ,or for that matter even snapping it down. I'm so excited about my new Open Road I can hardly sleep. I hope to post Pictures after I receive it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82