Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Merry Christmas, everyone! I've come to request my membership in The Open Road Guild.

Photoon2010-12-24at2257.jpg

Photoon2010-12-24at23102.jpg

It's a modern Stetson Open Road alright, but I like it. I think it's cool, it kept my head warm on the way back from the party, and it's in new condition, apart from a subtle discoloration, which I'll show below, at the top end of the brim.

Photoon2010-12-24at2323.jpg

I actually got it a size over, anticipating some shrinking. I think with the amount time I'll be wearing this, I don't believe I've necessarily made a mistake. It's loose, but it'll break in.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas, everyone! I've come to request my membership in The Open Road Guild.

Photoon2010-12-24at2257.jpg

Photoon2010-12-24at23102.jpg

It's a modern Stetson Open Road alright, but I like it. I think it's cool, it kept my head warm on the way back from the party, and it's in new condition, apart from a subtle discoloration, which I'll show below, at the top end of the brim.

Photoon2010-12-24at2323.jpg

I actually got it a size over, anticipating some shrinking. I think with the amount time I'll be wearing this, I don't believe I've necessarily made a mistake. It's loose, but it'll break in.

Merry Christmas!

Very nice, JB, Keep up the "good" work!

mflemming

One of the Regulars
It's mine! Mine! MINE!

Hi to all,

I've been watching Ebay for a sufficiently special Open Road to come along in my size. I won this beauty yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220714036132&si=7KcgFp5zV6CLs8NRaNWAl2i74GQ%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I knew it was it was going to be pricey, but it is my only Christmas present to myself so what the heck. I'm guessing that this is mid-60s vintage. Does anyone know for sure?

I will submit my formal application for membership in The Guild after it arrives.

T Rick

Practically Family
Hi to all,

I've been watching Ebay for a sufficiently special Open Road to come along in my size. I won this beauty yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220714036132&si=7KcgFp5zV6CLs8NRaNWAl2i74GQ%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I knew it was it was going to be pricey, but it is my only Christmas present to myself so what the heck. I'm guessing that this is mid-60s vintage. Does anyone know for sure?

I will submit my formal application for membership in The Guild after it arrives.
Really nice looking hat, I was watching that one too, but I've blown my budget for right now. Glad to see it's going to a TFL Member.

Hi to all,

I'm glad you won it! It looks great - I had been watching it too. I bid, but with restraint. Earlier that day I ran across this 7x clear beaver at a very low price... I'm hoping that it is old (Hanny's Mens Store in Phoenix has been closed since '86) and that it looks as good in person as it does in the pictures... and that I can get it on my noggin without a stretch.

Stetson_size_7.jpg

Stetson_size_7_under.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82