Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

DamianM

Vendor
1946 to be exact

1946StripesAP.jpg

Last edited:

Gene

Practically Family
Okay, all got my girly tie in today. It's silk and it's white and it's dirty as all hell.

Anyone with advice please help! There's just a general layer of grime I'd like to remove first before I get on to spot treating.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, all got my girly tie in today. It's silk and it's white and it's dirty as all hell.

Anyone with advice please help! There's just a general layer of grime I'd like to remove first before I get on to spot treating.

I use a 99cents store variety of cleaner called Wool 'n Care (or any variation thereof...). One capful to two gallons of cool water will do it; soak tie for 15 minutes if it's really dirty, take out and rinse, and repeat if needed. When satisfied, gently wring out excess water, and hand tie up on the back of a towel. That usually does the trick, but extra careful with silk, and I don't recommend that you clean a tie yourself if it is hand-painted (I sometimes do, but it depends on the condition of the paint, coralite, etc.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe