Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Freddie

New in Town
Out swingin' last weekend. Doesn't give a good view of the suit, but I really like the picture.

b72f8853bf095c4dde6f72733857cc.jpg

Jerekson

One Too Many
Yeah, I think the jackets were just examples to illustrate the point...the other post about the origin of it was fine, but I think you should have left the others...

The Shooman

Practically Family
Jerekson said:

You must have a very strong personality to dress in such a bold style. l admire you for that.

some questions
do your parents dress to the vintage style [as well]? If not, what is there reaction to you deciding to dress vintage.

l'm curious, that's all.

Regards: Shooey.

Jerekson

One Too Many
The Shooman said:
You must have a very strong personality to dress in such a bold style. l admire you for that.

some questions
do your parents dress to the vintage style [as well]? If not, what is there reaction to you deciding to dress vintage.

l'm curious, that's all.

I'd say not so much of a strong personality, but more of not caring what people think, because I know that it looks good and that's all that matters.
I guess that could be considered strong.

My parents were honestly never the best dressers. I'm about the only one in the family that does this sort of thing.
My parents have always been supportive of whatever I chose to do, whether it be hats, suits, heck when I was little I used to wear socks with sandals.
They still are supportive of it and tell me I look nice, but at this point I'm more on my own so it's not as big of an issue.

belmondo

New in Town
The Shooman said:

some questions

l'm curious, that's all.

I think my parents find it amusing. My mother was my age in the mid 60s and my Dad was my age during the late 50s. They get a kick out of Thom Browne. so when the see me in a 1960s suit with a 60s shirt and a 60s tie, my mom will usually say 'your father used to have stuff just like that....we threw it away long ago...' just to torture me. I incorporate modern stuff in, especially shoes and shirts, but the late 50s early 60s aesthetic is pretty much dominant, even in my casual wear.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Jerekson said:
I'd say not so much of a strong personality, but more of not caring what people think, because I know that it looks good and that's all that matters.

My parents were honestly never the best dressers. I'm about the only one in the family that does this sort of thing.
My parents have always been supportive of whatever I chose to do, whether it be hats, suits, heck when I was little I used to wear socks with sandals.
They still are supportive of it and tell me I look nice, but at this point I'm more on my own so it's not as big of an issue.

Great to see that your folks support you. l was never so lucky.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Jerekson said:

Sorry, but parents being supportive of socks with sandals is tantamount to child abuse.

I think it was fran leibowitz, or maybe annie liebowitz, the writer anyway, who said, in speaking about having proper manners "Left to it's own devices, a child will waear a salad bowl on it's head. You shouldn't!"

Jovan

Suspended
Patrick Murtha said:
Jovan, who is your new avatar? Looks great. Very FBI. Like the dark hat/light suit thing.
Just an archive photo of a man, presumably from the late '50s or early '60s. I saw it used in someone's comparison of Thom Browne, him, and another older gent with similarly cut suits. There was a watermark on it for some royalty free image website, but I could not find it anywhere on there. So I guess it's fair use for me to use it on my blog... naturally I'll take it down if they request so.

Just so it's on topic, I'd love to have his suit.

Project #1

So I've been working on this for a while...

Navy Super 140s two button peak, side vent, hacking with ticket, red silk lining, flat front trouser, no back pockets.

It's very fitted, I know, but I wanted to something that was for fun.

1-21a.jpg

1-21b.jpg

1-21d.jpg

Thoughts?

-- CB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe