Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Jerekson said:
I for one, love it.
thanks.

Here are some more jackets, because I can't get suits with pants that even come close to being long enough (my height is all in my legs. You try finding a 36 inseam in a vintage suit), but suit jackets that fit aren't that bad to find, and they aren't that expensive.

orig-2.jpg
DSC09527-1.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
Single Breasted, Peak Lapel, Light o'my Life!

How do you guys like this two piece?! It fits perfectly directly out of the mail!
It has wide legs, and a real thick material. I absolutely love it! T'was won off of ebay and the seller's photo's were really blurry and from far off but I thought I spotted what this truly was, golden indeed! :)

DSCN1652.jpg

DSCN1653.jpg

DSCN1654.jpg

DSCN1655.jpg

DSCN1656.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
mike said:
How do you guys like this two piece?! It fits perfectly directly out of the mail!
It has wide legs, and a real thick material. I absolutely love it! T'was won off of ebay and the seller's photo's were really blurry and from far off but I thought I spotted what this truly was, golden indeed! :)

Liking it a lot. Congratulations!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Josephine said:
Is... is that last picture of the fly? Oh, my stars and garters!

::faints::

yesm'am! Sorry I have no pictures of it on, I was hoping to get some while out at the Cicada but alas, none were taken!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Jovan said:
Oh dear. I am saving those pictures as reference for the kind of peak lapels I want to get someday. Great suit, glad it has a great owner at that. Good work, sir.

thanks! I'm utterly thrilled with it! :D

GBR

One of the Regulars
mike said:

Almost certainly British; The style of the right back pocket suggests this and the button/hole watch pocket also very British if sadly rare - button/flap being the norm which I think can break the line of the trouser.

What inside [ockets does the coat have - one breast and left ticket only would c onfirm it unless it is 1960s or later when sadly two breast pockets became normal.

GBR

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
Sadly two breast pockets? Why sad?

bk

Because I prefer one only in vintage suits.

Two fine for business suits. Coats rarely benefit from having things in pockets so I prefer to minimize.

Do you go for the full set?

GBR

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
I love patch pockets.... In fact my first suits all were patch pocketed.

Outer (patch) breast pockets are different. I prefer that my vintage suits both look/fit as vintage and have all the other 'facilities' of vintage - so no appearance coupled with with modern ways.
Sadly so many went wrong on the late 1950s/early 1960s.

Does every one agree that we should accept all the features and not 'modernise' save in exceptional circumstances?

Certainly if the suit, as it stands, has a single inner pocket + inner ticket pocket then we shouldn't change it.

But demanding such things limits your range of vintage. What about those British suits with two inside pockets? Or two, or no :eek:, back pockets? What about the European vintage suits which almost universally have two inner pockets? I would find it extremely foolish to say that all my vintage suits must have x, or y, or z feature as a preliminary to my purchasing it. Vintage suits from a country can be described based on general trends of treatments of specific features, but there are always outliers. And in Britain, the greatest variation i've seen is in the trousers waistband and pocket treatment. To reject a suit because the fob pocket isn't wide enough, or not there at all, or the rear pocket is on the "wrong" side is silly.

bk

GBR

One of the Regulars
I did say "prefer" not reject. Some suits meet that others don't and I accept them.

I agree the combinations are many - I certainly have no problem with no back pocket but do prefer those to have decent fob pocket, preferab;y with button/hole not flap. I would not reject though for a flap.

Baron Kurtz said:
Certainly if the suit, as it stands, has a single inner pocket + inner ticket pocket then we shouldn't change it.

But demanding such things limits your range of vintage. What about those British suits with two inside pockets? Or two, or no :eek:, back pockets? What about the European vintage suits which almost universally have two inner pockets? I would find it extremely foolish to say that all my vintage suits must have x, or y, or z feature as a preliminary to my purchasing it. Vintage suits from a country can be described based on general trends of treatments of specific features, but there are always outliers. And in Britain, the greatest variation i've seen is in the trousers waistband and pocket treatment. To reject a suit because the fob pocket isn't wide enough, or not there at all, or the rear pocket is on the "wrong" side is silly.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe