Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CharlesB said:
I was leaning forward to grab my pint. The gf was walking over to the table whipped out her camera while standing up n was like Hey go your picture before I could even sit up right

I'm glad you don't have mega-encephalopathy

Edward

Bartender
Hi guys, thanks for the comments on the suit. The arms actually look much longer in the photo than they are in reality. I think I was too busy trying to suck in the belly (and failing miserably on that score!) to pay attention to the arms.... The sleeves seem to be cut to reveal just about half an inch of shirt sleeve when I haven't done something odd with my arms - that works, I think. I must get better photos at some future point. It's not obvious from the photo, but the buttons actually are cut with working button holes. :)

Edward said:
Hi guys, thanks for the comments on the suit. The arms actually look much longer in the photo than they are in reality. I think I was too busy trying to suck in the belly (and failing miserably on that score!) to pay attention to the arms.... The sleeves seem to be cut to reveal just about half an inch of shirt sleeve when I haven't done something odd with my arms - that works, I think. I must get better photos at some future point. It's not obvious from the photo, but the buttons actually are cut with working button holes. :)

Surgeon's cuffs? Nice. You did well in obtaining that one. :D

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, it's English bespoke, so it runs to details like that. The length is perfect, I must get better photos done at some point! It's nice to have an alternative to the modern suits, though. :)

Jay

Practically Family
Okay, so work got canceled because of the weather, so what better time to finally post some pictures of stuff. Sorry for the bad indoor shots...

Here we have a 1943 Richman Bros.
IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Next is a gabardine number from Gimbels, dated January 13, 1954
IMG_0379.jpg

Lastly is a 3-button job from Robert Hall, 1958
IMG_0381.jpg

Sorry for the messy hair. I got caught in the rain earlier. I'll try and get some better pictures soon.

Jovan

Suspended
Jay: No sweat about the hair. My '50s styling gets messed up easily during the day. I may start using some beeswax or something to keep it in place. The suits are great! I have one that's almost a carbon copy of the second pictured. Just curious though, how tall are you?

Jay

Practically Family
I'm 5' 11" or 6', depending on what time of day it is. Why do you ask? Did the low ceiling in my basement fool you?

Justdog: Thanks. I got lucky with that one.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Love that Richman Bros. suit, Jay.

BTW, try pressing the lapels and buttoning only the middle button; there may be a serious roll hiding there. ;)

iammatt

Familiar Face
Tomasso said:
BTW, try pressing the lapels and buttoning only the middle button; there may be a serious roll hiding there. ;)

Yeah, nice looking suit. I don't know if it is that you are leaning forward, but you might want to get the jacket collar tightened up a touch.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Great suits!

Shifting weather today...almost 50 in the afternoon, freezing by nightfall.
Started out wearing this:
P1020408.jpg

(Lightened to show details...the fabric is a worsted midnight blue with close pinstripes)
P1020406.jpg

Dated 1926 4-button double breasted. Polka dotted tie from J.Press.
I love the silhouette of this suit!

Ended up the day in this:
P1020401.jpg

P1020405.jpg

3-Piece Demob Burton's suit, bought from Baron Kurtz last summer.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
And since we're playing dress-up:
1950s style suit from Ralph Lauren Rugby- narrow lapel 3button SB 2 piece in navy blue chalkstripe flannel. Low-ish rise trousers with more narrow legs than I'm used to after wearing 30s and 40s for so long. 1 1/2" cuff. The pants break unless I wear them like I'm riding a wire fence, because the ankle opening is so narrow that it hits at a higher part of my foot, unlike wide leg pants that cover the laces almost entirely. So I'm debating if I should make them plain front and have a military hem (1" shorter in the front) to get the no-break look, or if I should Thom Browne them a little and show a little more sock.
P1020417.jpg

With the cap and sweater vest, I feel like it looks more 20s than 50s, because the 20s had narrower leg trousers, too. (See photos from last post)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe