Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Bogie

One of the Regulars
1940s Suit

My first vintage suit came in today, I was filled with excitement as I opened the box. The suit fits like a glove, and while the pants are a bit tight, within a week they should fit just fine.

It is a beautiful mellow shade of blue. I really appreciate the smaller arm-holes in vintage suits, and the cut of the lapels is simply amazing. It makes me wish that they made modern suits with that sort of cut.

Unfortunately, no one is around to take a picture of me in it, so you fellows will just have to make due with my sideshot and the mirror. The hat is a Stetson Imperial I bought earlier this year, also from the 40's.

Comments?

Jerekson

One Too Many
Cream 3-piece

I've had this one for a long time but never posted it because I was going to wait until I got it tailored. As it stands it's going to be a while before I get any alterations done, so I see no harm in just posting it.
The pants are too long and the vest needs to be nipped at the waist.

It's a lovely cream-colored three-piece. I picked it up over the summer for a really good price.

It's vintage, but I'm not sure by how much. The armholes and the cut of the pants say 70's to me, but I've never been much at dating suits. But I've come to believe 70's nevertheless. Obviously it's not a typical 70's suit, so it's either a custom piece made for someone with good style, or else it's a repro (Indy Magnoli-type figures were around just as much back then as they are now).
Either way, there's no company label.

If worn correctly I think the suit has a really good 30's look.

Kev_suit_11.png

Kev_suit_12.png

Kev_suit_10.png

Kev_portrait_32.png

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very smooth Jerekson. In that first photo I can almost picture you saying, "Bond . . . James Bond." I very much like the splash of colour in the accessories, too.

Musclebuzz

New in Town
J-
Smart move to wear a darker color shirt and bright tie/pocket square. Those touches really make it pop. The "attitude" you display in the photos make it all the better. I hope you get lots of great wear out of that outfit.
- Chris

Bogie

One of the Regulars
We need to see it more clearly ...

Well, your request has been granted, I now have much better photographs. Sorry about the lousy ones above, I guess I got a bit excited and let that get ahead of proper photography. :eusa_doh:

Jerekson, that is an absolutely stunning suit. It makes the jaw drop. You certainly have an eye for style.

Jovan

Suspended
Although it does work with a dark shirt, it looks like it could be at home with a white shirt as well. That makes it a versatile colour. I wouldn't worry too much about the waistcoat, but did this one not include a strap for adjustment?

Jerekson

One Too Many
Thanks for all the kind words fellas.

Jovan, I have worn it with a white shirt and brown tie before, and it looks great. Today I just decided not to hold back at all - so I did the unique combination.
And the vest has no straps, unfortunatly. I wish it did. I can pull the sides back with my fingers while I'm wearing it and it fits perfect.

Bogie, that suit is so perfect it's not even funny.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Jerekson said:
I've had this one for a long time but never posted it because I was going to wait until I got it tailored. As it stands it's going to be a while before I get any alterations done, so I see no harm in just posting it.

It's a lovely cream-colored three-piece. I picked it up over the summer for a really good price.

It's vintage, but I'm not sure by how much. The armholes and the cut of the pants say 70's to me, but I've never been much at dating suits. But I've come to believe 70's nevertheless. Obviously it's not a typical 70's suit, so it's either a custom piece made for someone with good style, or else it's a repro (Indy Magnoli-type figures were around just as much back then as they are now).

Kev_suit_11.png

Kev_suit_12.png

Kev_suit_10.png

Kev_portrait_32.png
:eek: WOW!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap That is absolutely outstanding Jerekson!!!!!!!!

while the suit looks pretty nice, outside shots are really the only way to get a proper impression of the cut/fit etc.

Please, guys, outside photos!

bk

Bogie said:
Well, your request has been granted, I now have much better photographs. Sorry about the lousy ones above, I guess I got a bit excited and let that get ahead of proper photography. :eusa_doh:

Jerekson, that is an absolutely stunning suit. It makes the jaw drop. You certainly have an eye for style.

GBR

One of the Regulars
It looks a briliant suit and you wear it well.

You have not taken photographs without the coat on which always add a lot but to help date it it tell us about the detial.

Inner pockets, trouser pockets, fropnt and back, zip fly, braces and high waist or whatever.

Jerekson said:

Jovan

Suspended
Baron Kurtz said:
while the suit looks pretty nice, outside shots are really the only way to get a proper impression of the cut/fit etc.

Please, guys, outside photos!

bk
I am not sure I was aware of this "rule." Good indoor lighting can always make a difference from what I've seen.

Jovan

Suspended
The jacket does look great outside, but that isn't a fair comparison given the graininess of the first photo. But hey, at least you aren't smiling outdoors nor have your eye colour pumped up to maximum saturation. :p

You understand, of course, that the graininess is almost etirely due to the poor indoor lighting?

I admitted that the comparison was stacked against the indoor photo, but the basic principle holds true. What would you say about the horizontal seam work on the front panels of that Irvin, if you'd only seen the indoor pictures? Nothing, 'cause you can barely see that there are horizontal seams! Much the same is true about many of the photos in this thread. You can barely see even whether lapels are peak or notch in many of them! Outdoor pics, with the light from the side, makes things much more clear.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe