Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

timorous me

Familiar Face
pigeon toe said:
The only brand of bras that don't bug the heck out of me (as much) are Calvin Klein, and they are relatively cheap too, like $30, and are often on sale.

amen to that! i got a CK bra for like eight bucks at TJ Maxx once, it was the most comfortable thing ever. i think my sister stole it from me. i miss that bra. ;-)

and have i incited some sort of etsy riot? i didn't mean to, i swear!

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
ladies I dont know whether to thank you for introducing me to Etsy or to cut my online connection now for the sake of my wallet lol I just purchased this, I absoloutely adore shirt type dresses

shirtdress.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
I got this today.

0e2f_1.JPG

The listing said 80s but it was in Vintage: New Look. I don't know but I just love the Greco-Roman styling. :)

Dahlia, I think I speak for everyone here when I say:

1) Where exactly is your closet located and when will you be away from home

and

2) Does your boyfriend have a brother?

He has such good taste! You look lovely!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Ha ha ha!

Truth be told I have only recently expanded my vintage wardrobe. I really only have maybe 10 (give or take) dresses (the majority being acquired recently).

Secondly no he has a sister who is engaged in case any ladies were wondering. ;)

And finally I picked out the dress and he paid for it. He did say that I "looked hot in it." :)

P.S. - Thank you!

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
total score...

I went to the local "old glory" antique mall today. ALL of the old ladies who work there LOVE my son.. so they are always SUPER NICE TO ME.
well today, i spotted a bunch of vintage patterns..
like 4 dollars a pop!
and one lady said, OH MY thats WAYYYY TOO MUCH, and knocked em all down to 2 bucks each!
check em out!
IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

i am pretty excited, now i just need to learn how to sew better...
anyone wanna come help :) :p [huh] plz.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Tough Cookie said:
Alrighty, here are my Whirling Turban pictures. I'm trying real hard here to be pin-up model-like, but you know what? It's Not Easy (for the likes of me). I do what I can, though.

The Petal Bust dress in red ikat cotton, with black trim:
SmallWhirlingTurban008.jpg

SmallWhirlingTurban009.jpg

SmallWhirlingTurban034.jpg

And the copper ikat cottton short bra top with the black rayon shorts:
SmallWhirlingTurban044.jpg

SmallWhirlingTurban041.jpg

I'm *super* happy with the fit and quality. I plan to get at least a Shaheen Dream from them when the income tax refund comes in. :D
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!
Those clothes are aweeeesome! *thud*

timorous me

Familiar Face
Amber DeCadence said:
ladies I dont know whether to thank you for introducing me to Etsy or to cut my online connection now for the sake of my wallet lol I just purchased this, I absoloutely adore shirt type dresses

shirtdress.jpg

I had this dress on my favorites!

(And I was eyeing those necklaces too, Shearer... count yourself lucky that I'm allergic to metal!!!)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
61ef_1.JPG

More books! This time it's Bonomo Original Hollywood Success Course from the 1940's.

My mom took me to Target and got me these lovelies:

B000N22FQW.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V43374517_.jpg

A bright coral (not so dull!) ruched sleeve sweater top. They had some great colors, mustard yellow being one of them, that seemed so 40's to me.

I also got this gorgeous, very vintage-inspired (1950's) Isaac Mizrahi dress (I think anyway, can't find it on the Target site). It's 3/4 sleeved, pink and white striped with a matching belt around the waist, with the typical 50's full skirt. It looks just like a vintage day dress I have. It's adorable.

I'll take pictures later!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I decided after buying all sorts of vintage clothes, I needed something vintage to put them in when I travel, and so I found a Samsonite Art Deco Suitcase:
samson5.jpg

samson6.jpg

Aaaannnnnnddd, it's matching train case!:D

samson.jpg

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Thanks Pigeon Toe! Normally I don't think much of luggage, but I loved the silver color too! I can't wait to actually see it:D

Kim_B

Practically Family
PT - that shirt is darling! I didn't see any of those at any of the Target stores I went to this weekend *pout*

I did get this dress, though...
TargetDress5.jpg

I tried this one on, but it looked horrid on me...I was really wanting this one, too! I looked like I was wearing a tablecloth! lol :eek:
TargetDress3.jpg

And I got these shoes from Torrid...I can't remember if I already posted these or not! (Too much shopping, me thinks!)
565729_hi.jpg

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Veeeerrry cute Kim B! I love the dress!:D

How stupid of me!:eusa_doh: Pigeon I meant to say earlie; the top in the red is going to be smashing on you!
(I think I'm working too hard, forgetting everything these days:eek:)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
CanadaDoll that suitcase + train case is the best!

And oh no! Kim & Pigeon got sucked into Target clothes. Don't worry ladies my day with Target will come. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88